advertisement

Phono channel on Croft micro line only Pre

MEMF1980

pfm Member
Evening - sorry probably a phenomenally obvious question but I’m going to ask it anyway.

I have a Croft micro 25 preamp - the line only version. All the line inputs are in use. I am toying with getting a second phono pre to play with and after wondering about rca switch boxes I thought I’d check and the ‘phono’ input on which is unexpectedly connected.

I’m assuming this is just another line channel and it’s ok to run another phono pre or line channel through it as normal?

Thanks.

Yes, it is another line level, as far as I recall from a friends Micro 25 Line preamp. You can always move one of your line outputs from another device over to it and do a quick check.

Adding inputs to the Croft is extremely simple, although you have to think about the switches on the front then, to be able to connect to any extra inputs.
On newer units, switching is rotary, so very seasily changed, except the legend on the front plate. If it is older and uses toggle switches, you have to change to rotary.

Glenn is no longer with us, but added an extra input and changed the toggles to rotaries on mine for something like £30-40.

advertisement

Back