Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Phono Amp Advice Requested Please

Discussion in 'audio' started by DaveKen, Nov 22, 2010.

1. DaveKen

DaveKen Numptie old newbie.

Hi Guys ,
    I think I may have 'blown' my NAD PP2 phono amp and am trying to think ahead about replacing it. I should know in the next few days whether the phono amp is indeed dead. I was very happy with the PP2 so I'm looking at replacing like with like unless I can get something better for the same sort of money or less. A new PP2 will cost £75 ish but I found this on eBay: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I have in the past bought audio items from home based artisan manufactures who seem to be in it more out of interest than building a global business and so far have not regretted any such purchase. Can I ask you more knowledgeable guys to take a look at what this guy is offering and tell me what you think, without prejudice, as the lawyers might say .
    If it influences any opinion you may have I intend to use it with a Techie SL1200 Mk2 with Sumiko Universal headshell, Nagaoka MP110 cart, and single length silver tonearm/phono cable.
    Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks in anticipation
    Dave.

2. YNWOAN

YNWOAN 100% Analogue

The link says the listing has been removed.

3. topoxforddoc

topoxforddoc pfm Member

Dave,

If your PP2 is dead, then drop me PM if you're interested in a mint boxed Project Phono Box 2 at a good price.

Best wishes,

Charlie
    www.charlie-chan.co.uk

4. DaveKen

DaveKen Numptie old newbie.

Hi doc,
    PM sent this morning - over to you!
    Dave.