advertisement

Phase 1

Blzebub

Before:

DSC_0300.jpg

After:

DSC_0307.jpg

:D

They would look better if you took off the fluted underside - 4 bolts. It looks a bit like a hippo wearing a skirt like that. JMO
Bass issues sorted?
Disks on floor as with the base before?

Be sure to post picks of the spike sinkage depth over time, just for PFM John's sake, (he gets hot and bothered over that sort of thing).

I cannot actually lift my 100s by myself anymore so you are officially physically stronger than me. I'm 71.5kg so those brutes are heavier than me!

They would look better if you took off the fluted underside - 4 bolts. It looks a bit like a hippo wearing a skirt like that. JMO
Bass issues sorted?
Disks on floor as with the base before?

Be sure to post picks of the spike sinkage depth over time, just for PFM John's sake, (he gets hot and bothered over that sort of thing).

Bass more articulate and deeper, basslines easier to follow, everything a little cleaner. Impact on downstairs not yet clear, but appears to be less vibration in the floor.

Spikes straight into floor, no discs anywhere.

I cannot actually lift my 100s by myself anymore so you are officially physically stronger than me. I'm 71.5kg so those brutes are heavier than me!

Tom helped. He's a beast. No way am I lifting one of these on my own.

I was wonderign where you got the bulk. Thought perhaps you'd been stacking wotits liek Teddy Bear

I don't know what those Mana boards are made of, but isn't there some risk of a corner snapping off ?

I don't know what those Mana boards are made of, but isn't there some risk of a corner snapping off ?

They are made of stern stuff. They previously supported ATC SCM 100A SLs (65 kg), bespoke Mana speaker stands, and a stack of 9 more stages. No danger of corner snappage.

P.S. I have some for sale...

I has River of Bass vibration flowage. Mana Effect "not due to drugz" shocker. I am 81 kg.

81kg really? You don't look it. Or maybe you do. I have no idea anymore. Dusted is the track to play I think.

Spike sinkage happens over time with energy flowing through the spike. Vibration + mechanical diode + compliant MDF board with a soft vinyl topper. It'll sink. Then decoupled becomes very very tightly coupled. I am never sure which is desirable. I'd just use machine levelling feet and be done with it.

try Phase 4. It's rather special

I must admit to painting some psilocybin on the mid domes, I was wondering when he would come round to licking them...

Bub see if you can trade in the towers for classic 150s, the classics sound better anyway and then you can whack them on all the sound stages, leaving just the custom stands to sell...

You know what I'm like. I have 18 more stages upstairs...

Having lost some faith in Mana over the past few years, I am reconverted. The difference is staggering, frankly.

Looks good! Glad to see you got around to giving it a try, no one was hurt in the process and that's it's sounding better.

Bub see if you can trade in the towers for classic 150s, the classics sound better anyway and then you can whack them on all the sound stages, leaving just the custom stands to sell...

I like the look of the towers, plus I have the Anniversary amp packs, plus ATC say the standard towers sound the same as classics, so I think I'll stick. I might go to phase 2, but not anytime too soon as it was backbreaking trying to locate the speakers' spikes accurately onto the boards.

advertisement

Back