advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Lane:

Green Lane by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Nikon F3/AI-Nikkor 105-2.5/Portra 160

Very lovely. Took you a while to use that roll of Portra up though, the cow parsley is but a very distant memory.

I sent 4 rolls of Portra 35/400 and 2 x XP2 120 to Kirklees at the end of last week. I can almost feel that old frisson of anticipation. I bet they're all crap!

50520220893_bce27389d0_b.jpg

Very lovely. Took you a while to use that roll of Portra up though, the cow parsley is but a very distant memory.

I sent 4 rolls of Portra 35/400 and 2 x XP2 120 to Kirklees at the end of last week. I can almost feel that old frisson of anticipation. I bet they're all crap!

Thanks - I honestly can't remember when it was loaded it into the camera! Must be back before Easter. Got some Tri-X in it now though which will hopefully be used up a lot more quickly. :)

This now ruined cottage is where my mother was evacuated to during the war, to escape the blitz of Liverpool. She, her mother and her two sisters and baby brother lived here for the duration. It was hard, and my grandmother must have been some indomitable character - cooking over an open fire and water from a well, looking after three girls and a baby in arms, the nearest shops several miles away in the next village. I'm guessing the elevation here at around a thousand feet, so winter must have been a serious challenge too.
My grandad visited when he could, on leave, and on one memorable occasion brought his rifle for them to see and fired a shot over Mynydd Mawr opposite.
The school trip was a walk to the top of Mynydd Mawr (Elephant Mountain), where a kind teacher ensured that pennies for everyone were found in the Elephant's nest.

Evacuee Cottage at Fron
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

This now ruined cottage is where my mother was evacuated to during the war, to escape the blitz of Liverpool. She, her mother and her two sisters and baby brother lived here for the duration. It was hard, and my grandmother must have been some indomitable character - cooking over an open fire and water from a well, looking after three girls and a baby in arms, the nearest shops several miles away in the next village. I'm guessing the elevation here at around a thousand feet, so winter must have been a serious challenge too.
My grandad visited when he could, on leave, and on one memorable occasion brought his rifle for them to see and fired a shot over Mynydd Mawr opposite.
The school trip was a walk to the top of Mynydd Mawr (Elephant Mountain), where a kind teacher ensured that pennies for everyone were found in the Elephant's nest.

Evacuee Cottage at Fron
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr
Lovely story...reminds me of how beautiful Wales can be even if does rain all year). Your lighting is just how I feel about snowdonia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back