advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a walk in the woods today and the weather was miserable — coolish and drizzly all day. I figured it would be a washout for photography, but the rain brought out the colours. It was as though the leaves were freshly pained.

50502851992_b23a2dca68_b.jpg

Joe

Great to be shooting some film again this morning - finally finished a roll of Portra 160 that's been in the F3 for a few months...

Good company by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

I don't want to sound as if I'm boasting here, but I've got two F3s, an F4 and a Pentax 645 all with either Portra 400, FP4 or XP2 in them, but it's been so long now that I can't remember which has got what! All seemed simple and straightforward at the time, and I didn't use the box tabs.

I guess it will be a surprise, one way or another, when they are all eventually exhumed from the cameras.

I don't want to sound as if I'm boasting here, but I've got two F3s, an F4 and a Pentax 645 all with either Portra 400, FP4 or XP2 in them, but it's been so long now that I can't remember which has got what! All seemed simple and straightforward at the time, and I didn't use the box tabs.

I guess it will be a surprise, one way or another, when they are all eventually exhumed from the cameras.

Similar here - one of the A12 backs on my Hasselblad has the film box tag (HP5) but the other one...it could be anything in there. :D

eternumviti,

The Fuji X-Pro3 is digital, but the film simulation you choose (e.g., Velvia, Astia, Provia, etc.) is shown in the window on the back of the camera like in the old days. Good thing for old timers, nostalgia buffs and those with imperfect memories.

Ages ago @matthewr correctly predicted that film emulsions would be simulated digitally, so you could shoot your fave film on your fancy new digital camera, but not even Matthew had foreseen that the film selected would be shown on the back on the camera in a little window.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back