advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Pete :)

Richard - the Olympus monos continue to impress - ver nice!

Here's another from the archives. Can you tell that I haven't been taking many pictures recently? I've been feeling a bit photographically 'flat' over the last couple of weeks. Probably the time of year. Looking forward to Autumn!

Autumn Palette by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 / XF 50-140mm f2.8

Lefty

Karlskirch Vienna:

35521746304_b2381b5b71_b.jpg

Good old Blurb, who seem to be the best quality/price combination for self published photo books, and they have an easy way of selling books which works for the inevitably tiny sales volumes I'm likely to get... This will be the theme for the October exhibition, so it may result in a few being sold, but to get it done any cheaper per copy, you have to commit to printing far more than I'm ever likely to sell, even if they were cheap. I intend to do an e-book version for Amazon, as that has worked in the past as well.

Ah, right. I am putting together a book to print/publish with Blurb too, a bit of a trial run. I keep reading about quality issues. Any thoughts? I assume you have previous..

I've done half a dozen Blurb books, I make an annual year book, 12 in square size and about 100 pages. The quality is more than enough to impress friends and family. I use the Proline pearl photo paper option, so I don't know about the base level. The only issue I've had is the colour rendition on the covers is not the same as on the inside paper and I've been left with a colour cast, but only once, and I didn't bother to return it. However, first impressions and all that...

Ah, right. I am putting together a book to print/publish with Blurb too, a bit of a trial run. I keep reading about quality issues. Any thoughts? I assume you have previous..

I've done half a dozen books over the last few years and cannot really fault any of them. I use the better paper, and I tend to favour the dust jacket, though have one with a printed cover, and its actually fine. I make sure all my JPGs are SRGB and I've had no issues with colours, and the monochrome rendition (important for me) is excellent. I did have a problem with a book that I published for my father, which was mainly text and there was some problem with the text flow and some lines were lost. I emailed them, and they just credited me immediately, and we then laid out the book page by page, and it then printed fine, and we have sold maybe 80 copies of that book without any complaints. I've seen others - a friend uses Photobox, I think, and her books look less 'professional'.

Forced myself to get out with the camera today. I'm quite rusty! Need to 'warm up' for my trip to The Lakes in October.

Here's one from today's warming up shoot.

Lush by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back