advertisement

PFM Photo Theme 325: "Tracks and Pathways". Closes Sunday Feb 4th '24.

Hi. TIU, long time.
It means that the image must appear here itself rather than a link one has to click. I use Flickr, copy the BB code for the image and paste that here. Works well. :)
Thanks for that John. I see from your profile you are a retired art teacher. What level(s) did you tutor?

Secondary for all my career, although strange Welsh junior school was the first 3 years, then 13 -18. Was you also involved?

A path with a track of sorts.

dsc_0226.jpg

Was the light on a cyclist or a jogger? I just can't work out how it curls like that. Its a wonderful photograph with the moon-star at the top.

Was the light on a cyclist or a jogger? I just can't work out how it curls like that. Its a wonderful photograph with the moon-star at the top.
It was inspired by a test shot I did a few weeks before whilst trying ‘ball of light’ photography. I was checking my 60s exposure for ambient light and a jogger came by through the shot. I created this by running through the shot with a dog LED clipped to the hood of my jacket. The repeating pattern was a surprise to me!

Last edited:
Secondary for all my career, although strange Welsh junior school was the first 3 years, then 13 -18. Was you also involved?
Not tutoring but I do some now for privately-run art groups. For me it was traditional graphic design then Macs (hated it), then Fine Art.

Thanks for all the entries.
It was snowing here when I set the theme, and I had been Stoat tracking across the meadow so Wulbert’s red squirrel struck an immediate chord! I do love the Trossachs, and the area around Loch Katrine in particular.

It’s a shame PhilofC’s image was not in date. It’s a strong composition, but even if you were not sure where it was (and I confess I have never braved a visit), there is a sense of badness even in a picture. But I can’t consider it so…

Paulski! It’s one of those pics which just get everything right. The moon and the way the torch is lighting the trees at the path’s end, the green against the deep violet of the sky, and the amazing torch track of course. Love this pic for it’s outcome and for the concept and work involved in the photo.

MartinC’s 'Blacks Beach' is lovely. I like the way the B&W works to emphasise the tones and textures, and the contrast between the foreground detail and the softer sky and town on the hill behind also helps to make this a special pic. It’s odd how the B&W makes it look like a cold day, until you spot the cactus:)

TIU. There is a thing about curving vanishing roads that is always intriguing. What’s round the corner? (A bandstand!) :) The long shadows add a bit of mystery and story which I enjoyed.

Pete’s blazing colours with those magenta clouds top right, that car tail light and the setting sun making a triangle with the huge red building. Plenty of impact. I liked the idea of the road heading into the sunset…an implied journey.

Antinchip’s vapour trails rather reminded me that post covid the planes are back, and I’m not that pleased :) I do like the way each trail ages and breaks up as the wind blows it and felt this had been well captured. Something also about trails leading into the wild blue yonder? It’s a simple pic on the surface but there’s a story or ten there which I enjoy.

Alex S’ sand tracks is great, although I spent far too long wondering what on earth made those perfect indents down the centre of the tire track??. But it’s a story of life going by, which I enjoyed.

And sp25 is meanwhile climbing through the hills in the Costa Blanca. Lovely area, and I like the snake path winding away behind to those blue hills. Hope the boots are scorpion proof!

Paulski wins.

Well done to him for that pic and all the thought and work in it. Thanks to all and over to Paulski for the next challenge. Lets hope the weather leaves off being grey and drizzly!

advertisement

Back