advertisement

pfm Outage and major upgrade Monday 2nd Oct 11:00am

Well done on the upgrade, no problems here but one change from the old version which seems like a step backwards.

Previously if you had new messages or alerts a counter used to appear on the icon, now nothing does and you have to click the icon to see if there is anything new. Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Safari/MacOS Catalina.

Previously if you had new messages or alerts a counter used to appear on the icon, now nothing does and you have to click the icon to see if there is anything new. Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Safari/MacOS Catalina.

That is certainly still working here on iOS/iPadOS 17. I’ll check it on my MacBook at some point, but that’s running Mohave (its an old one).

Small request...

Just wondering if it's possible to move the thread page counter to the top of the page, as it used to be, so that when viewing on a phone, we don't have to scroll right to the bottom of the page to then select the most recent page... if that makes sense?

Thanks!

No, sorry. It is what it is, though I agree it is a little annoying. I’m not prepared to get into any code-hacking with XenForo, it certainly isn’t an option in the control panel. I try to do as little as I possibly can to the XenForo installation as it makes version updates and support so much easier.

Depending on your phone screen size you could try requesting the full desktop site. It is only limited on the default phone view, e.g. it displays fine on my iPad and I bet it would on an iPhone Max.

PS I’ll move this into the older thread as it has been discussed before.

Back here after 2+ weeks of leave / gloriously offline / and so I missed the excitement.

What a fantastic upgrade - snappy, fast (office PC/ old hiome mac, Ios17), the flatter design looks great, everything so far just works. and nothing lost. Other than that donate button

Since I've just been catching-up on the wonderful Photo room's activity - I really appreciate the new feature of clicking on an image in a post not only allows zoom above 1024px if it was posted that way - but makes all pictures in the one post scrollable, and on a mid-grey background. A simple thing, but done really well for appreciating images.

Congrats, and thanks @Tony L

Is it me, or is the PFM site very slow for the last couple of days? Using an iPhone, it's painfully slow to load anything... pictures don't load half the time.

Tested other sites and pages load instantly, so not my internet I guess.

Is it me, or is the PFM site very slow for the last couple of days? Using an iPhone, it's painfully slow to load anything... pictures don't load half the time.

It’s working fine here, no signs of any issues in the stats either. I’d try clearing out the cookies and cache of your iPhone, they can get weird at times.

@robbyd - Clear your history on the phone?

- But come to that, I find Safari on phone iOs 17 is still a bit rubbish/arbitrary on loading pages, stalling - and still only returns useless messages like 'cannot connect to server' when the problem is objectively not the server, even in strong-signal areas.

One thing, small but weird. Alerts regularly notifies that someone has posted on a thread, ‘tomorrow’ and then gives a time when this will happen. Weird but true. Next time I look, it’s reverted to the correct day.

I’ve not seen that. I assume it is a time-zone bug somewhere. I’d double-check your profile is set to your local time-zone, and that your physical device (computer/phone) is the same.

PS I’ll merge this with the outage thread as that’s the catch-all for bugs etc.

A small point...on the old forum when you had read a particular section...Music or Audio say ..you could mark that particular forum "read'.
Now you can only mark all forums read which is not as convenient . Any chance the old facility will return ?

A small point...on the old forum when you had read a particular section...Music or Audio say ..you could mark that particular forum "read'.
Now you can only mark all forums read which is not as convenient . Any chance the old facility will return ?

It still looks to be there; if you are within a given forum there is a ‘mark read’ at the top on the context sensitive tool thingie. I’ve not tested it as I‘m not caught up, but I think that is what it does.

I no longer have access to formatting tools, they are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

I can’t explain that; they are working fine here. What browser/OS are you having an issue with?

PS Are you sure they are greyed out, not just a little more subtle in appearance?

I can’t explain that; they are working fine here. What browser/OS are you having an issue with?

PS Are you sure they are greyed out, not just a little more subtle in appearance?
I’m using safari and they just don’t work. The 3 little dots work in that they give another set of options, but those too are greyed out and don’t work

I’ve no idea. Are you running with higher than average security settings, e.g. javascript blocked etc? I’ve no idea (or interest) in how XenForo is coded, but it is inevitably pretty complex and some functionality will likely be removed with over-paranoid security settings, ad blockers etc.

Hhhhhhhtt
I’ve no idea. Are you running with higher than average security settings, e.g. javascript blocked etc? I’ve no idea (or interest) in how XenForo is coded, but it is inevitably pretty complex and some functionality will likely be removed with over-paranoid security settings, ad blockers etc.
No, no add blockers

advertisement

Back