advertisement

pfm Outage and major upgrade Monday 2nd Oct 11:00am

Looking good! Poking around it now seems that we have a ‘reaction score’ against number of posts. No doubt it is the old ‘likes‘ but I really want it to be something much more scif!

This migration thing ain't done yet, not until @Joe P has arrived to Trek up the thread. :)

John

looks fine for now. Glad it went well.
Preferences sorts out blue/green as before, but am seeing a constrained page size (stretching my window does not alter the page, and consequently (?) the default font is a tad (or 2 tads) small for my eyes. Maybe will sort itself in the coming weeks but PFM lives again. Hoorah.

looks fine for now. Glad it went well.
Preferences sorts out blue/green as before, but am seeing a constrained page size (stretching my window does not alter the page, and consequently (?) the default font is a tad (or 2 tads) small for my eyes. Maybe will sort itself in the coming weeks but PFM lives again. Hoorah.

That is because the main content has a max-width of 1200px 🤓. Setting a max-width is standard to prevent lines of text from being too long/wide (as lines of text that are too wide are harder to follow).

You should zoom your browser (Ctrl and +) to make both the text bigger and the page wider.

You can select the colour scheme at the very bottom left of the screen.

PS I can not express how pleased I am the scheme ported. That has saved me a load of tedium I was dreading. It’s pretty much freed up my week!
Oh yes, new colours, any more available? Also liking the nice choice of emoji's but like someone else said, gone from very few to a massive choice.

I've chosen blue btw 🤗

That is because the main content has a max-width of 1200px 🤓. Setting a max-width is standard to prevent lines of text from being too long/wide (as lines of text that are too wide are harder to follow).

You should zoom your browser (Ctrl and +) to make both the text bigger and the page wider.
Mac ?

Ooooh, nice! It's even remembered Béla.

PS: what's an inline spoiler?

Working great for me though it had forgotten my login password but the prompt came up on second try. I’ve reverted to blue as I find the page easier to read for some reason!

Just posted on the Wordle thread and it looks in a higher definition, the font looks the same size but appears clearer to me!

This upgrade gives a really simple way of selecting stuff on the site that you're more interested in. Click Watch on a forum or thread, and then use the "watched" filter on the New Posts display. Hey presto, no more politics (or whatever) :D

Well done Tony L. Bloody quick work too!
I say this as someone who’s still running a 10 year old CMS on my own website for fear of breaking it with an update. I’d probably rather just retire than spend days/weeks grappling with new computer stuff.

It's looking really good, Tony. That must have been a manic and stressful day. I hope there's a nice drink in your hand at the end of it all.

Notification emails are still a work in progress. I think I might have setup a third-party corporate SMTP solution (ZeptoMail), and if so this might just fix the nightmare with notifications, DKIM, DMARC etc incompatibility that has been totally trashing my brain for over two weeks now. I’ve managed to send a test email from the pfm forum admin page to one of my own emails that was previously blocking. Time will tell, I don’t claim to understand this shite, nor do I want to, but I suspect we may be closer than any point in the past two weeks.

advertisement

Back