advertisement

pfm Meet and Greet

If it's during the day and the weather's Ok and, and .. I love to see your place and listen to some of your gear.

You can do that anytime..... I was more thinking of a gathering to imbibe of the real ale whilst setting the world of hifi right

I'd suggest a nice winter break in the wild hills of Northumberland :), but we have really piss-poor Indian restaurants... for that you cannay best Bradford!

Plenty of steak, lamb, and game to eat around here though...

The fine beers are everywhere. Arcadia in headingley is a favourite, north bar, brewery tap, friends of ham, mr foley, victoria, grove, etc etc Leeds is awash with excellent beers, I can even see the new KirkstalL brewery from my front room window, then there is ridgeside in meanwood, burley st brewery in er burley street, and Leeds brewery itself. Just outside there are wharfebank in otley, ilkley, elland, magic rock, swb etc etc. Its hard to find bad beer these days. As for curries I like the bengal brassiere at the moment, corner is still good and does real ales in the bottle.

Thoses in a better position to know, tell me that most posters, however fierce, are complete pussy cats in real life.

Oh i dont doubt it for one minute. Still, nice to put a face to the keyboard warriors. We can all imagine them then, sat there in their underwear banging away furiously at the keyboard.

(that came out wrong didnt it?)

I nominate somewhere with a cheap hotel. Aint going nowhere after a night of booze and grub.

Another vote for London.
No dearth of good curries or beer. Happy to suggest options if we can get critical mass for London

A PFM room at the next hi fi show :) Some blind testing and the Harbeth challenge. Come in, give the 100 post password and get a name badge.

Cheese and pineapple on sticks. A nice glass of wine then someone can start us off on topics like graduate employment :D

I love London. It has some great unspoilt pubs and fantastic ale served properly without those bloody "sparklers" on the ends of the beer taps.

However, London is stuck in a corner of the country away from everywhere else. It is also more expensive than everywhere else.

I mentioned Birmingham because it is central and easily accessible from everywhere else. It is only 1 hour and 30 mins from London Euston and is an hour from where I live.

One of the pubs I mentioned is owned by Fullers and carries their full range of beers including a Czech beer from Moravia called Litovel.

The other sells up to 20 real ales, a lager brewed locally to where I live and to German purity standards. Veltins and Maisel's Weisse from Germany are also sold, all on tap.

The German market, starting this Thursday, is the largest outside of Germany. The selection of food and drink there is excellent and authentically German, even down to the bread rolls!

Both the pubs I mention as well as the market are within 10 minutes' walk of New Street Station.

2 hours 20 and more expensive than Eurostar.

What about two sessions, one in London and one somewhere up north. Find a pub or resto with wifi and the two chapters can Skype.

2 hours 20 and more expensive than Eurostar.

What about two sessions, one in London and one somewhere up north. Find a pub or resto with wifi and the two chapters can Skype.

2 hours 20 from where to where?

Paris would be good but the last time I checked it was €8 a pint - ten years ago when I visited Peter Stockwell, fellow pfm-er.

We aren't getting anywhere at this rate.

Birmingham is central so that makes sense IMO.
Some good suggestions for venues have been made.
So lets pick one and suggest some dates.

I'd suggest a nice winter break in the wild hills of Northumberland :), but we have really piss-poor Indian restaurants... for that you cannay best Bradford!

Plenty of steak, lamb, and game to eat around here though...

I agree with that. I live in Bradford but we have a flat in Cullercoats. Tried a few Indian restaurants up there and they are really poor not a touch on Bradford ones. Anyway that gives me the option of Leeds,Bradford or Newcastle depending when!

advertisement

Back