advertisement

Peter Gabriel Live, tonight Tips needed...

Plus side is I have the right hair for the gig ("40-something receding hairline so **** it I'm shaving the lot off!")
[snip]
Do I need to tap my feet or can I just critically analyse things like Groove and declare there is More Music and less HiFi?

Being 40 with the correct hair will enable you to blend in to a degree despite being the youngest person there, tapping your foot and nodding your head is however a considerable bonus. If you really want to impress Mr Gabriel just shout continuously and in as loud a voice as for ‘Musical box’, or even better ‘Squonk’. He will like that.

Tony.

Or "The Return of the Giant Hogweed". But if he takes you up on it, and actually starts playing it, leave immediately.

-- Ian

I once saw PG discussing the early 80's reunion concert with Genesis in aid of Womad.

When asked if he had trouble remembering the words to the golden oldies he replied; "I did have to read the lips of the front row from time to time.."

:)

"is there any need to do the Tune Dem?" fox

I would have just tried to enjoy the experience. Too bad you were unable to attend. I bought the DVD from the tour when it came out awhile back and really enjoyed it.

Re the tune dem, if you had met up with Tony Levin you might have been able to get some feedback from him. Last time I heard, he was running a complete Linn system. I think Linn was involved in the production of the "Us" album so I'm sure Ivor made sure they got a competent demonstration of their gear before he bought it.

Originally posted by johngilleran

I would have just tried to enjoy the experience. Too bad you were unable to attend.

hi john I did :) if you read both posts you'll see I attended the wembley gig last nite... added photos from the event too...

Originally posted by fox
hi john I did :) if you read both posts you'll see I attended the wembley gig last nite... added photos from the event too...

:(
Sorry fox. I wanted to respond to your first post, saw the first bit of your second post...

"I had to cancel seeing the Glasgow leg because of a work commitment and an engagement party in London on Saturday - thus I consoled myself with the DVD (while good its not the same)" fox

...and thought you were unable to attend. I didn't have time to read through your second post as I had to run at the time. I'm glad that you and Ellie were able to attend. Sounds like you saw a wonderful performance and I enjoyed reading your review.

Now you got me interested in viewing the DVD again. I imagine you already have it but "The Secret World" DVD is another must have.

Best,
John

I discovered I am going to see Peter Gabriel at Wembley because the people I am staying with have won two pairs of tickets... two for me and Ellie, two for my friends...

Did they have particularly low ticket sales and decided to give them away i wonder ? One of my workmates ( a long standing friend too ) won two tickets for the Glasgow show, i think off a Radio 2 competition ( Answer: WOMAD ). Although i got offered one of the tickets and free transport i wasn't able to go. Your Piccies look pretty neat though.

HI,
I went to the NIA concert on 1/6/04. Thought the show was brill, as did my wife who is not a PG fan. She commented on the quality of the musicians and also the visuals, which were brill.

I also have the DVD, which in DTS is also very good, but obviously not as good as the gig, as PG did several more songs, and ended it with Biko. I thougth the touch re leaving the mic only lit at the end was very powerful.

He also seemed like a very nice guy, despite some tossers heckling him. Why do they do that!?! (I know, more beer than sense etc or they have lost the brain cell they walked into the arena with).

andy c!

advertisement

Back