advertisement

Peter Gabriel 1-4 half speed remaster available for pre order

Have the SO from original master tape at half speed. Love the album but nothing special about this addition to my ears. Original better so how can that be when its been taken from the anlage master tape.

According to a recent article I read, these new albums have not been taken from the original master tapes but from a 96/24 digital copy made a few years back. When I find the article, I'll post a link to it.

According to a recent article I read, these new albums have not been taken from the original master tapes but from a 96/24 digital copy made a few years back. When I find the article, I'll post a link to it.
I'm off to drink some bleach.
It might help if you had read the whole thread and watched the film links.:rolleyes:
Buying the LPs and playing them might help?:rolleyes:

Many thanks for the info'. Links would be much appreciated.

I'm spending the morning with the new 45rpm Gabriel albums. There has been a lot of back and forth between these and the UK originals. The new ones do have a lot more clarity and detail to these ears but this comes at the expense of some harshness in the upper-mids. All-in-all a rather different presentation to the originals. Which do I prefer? At the moment, probably the new ones. It's a pity they didn't recreate the closed groove at the end of White Shadow on PGII though...

I'm spending the morning with the new 45rpm Gabriel albums. There has been a lot of back and forth between these and the UK originals. The new ones do have a lot more. Latitude and detail to these ears but this comes at the expense of some harshness in the upper-mids. All-in-all a rather different presentation to the originals. Which do I prefer? At the moment, probably the new ones. It's a pity they didn't recreate the closed groove at the end of White Shadow on PGII though...
Thanks , now I know what the wife can get me for Christmas.

Many thanks for the info'. Links would be much appreciated.

It was in a breakout box on page 53 of the October issue of Prog magazine. It says the masters came from the 96k archive that was assembled in 2002. The comment is attributed to Dickie Chappell.

Just listening to PG 3 Deutsches Album. It sounds very good indeed. Need to compare it with my original English album, but happy to have these finally.

They really suit the German language.

Stephen

Still waiting for mine despite paying for them on July 30th,have mailed them twice and they haven't even bothered to reply,not impressed at all !!!

advertisement

Back