advertisement

Perreaux?

Zipper

pfm Member
Has anyone here got any experiance with the above amps? and in paticular the 150i many thanks.:D

Best Regards.:D

The 150i is a superb amp. Give us some details about your speakers and Raj will soon be here to rave about it.

Spacey i think has this exact amp! He'll no doubt pop along in bit to tell you about it. :)

His "this month amp" you mean
He will upgrade to Active ATC's next year along with 12 other upgrades, all will perform significantly better than previously in every single way:D

joking aside, its a very costly amp.. should be researched carefully by a homedem, not judged by some comments on a hifi forum.
I would certainly make sure to compare with many (cheaper) alternatives, Naim, Sonneteer, LFD, Rega amo..

Many thanks for all the replies......I own Naim at the moment 200/202/AV2/NAPV175/Oppo 95/Proac response D2's, dont really want yet another box namely a DAC so i was looking at intergrated Perreaux 150i with MC/MM + DAC factory fitted.:D

So wherever you are the owner of one hurry up and tell me about it!.:rolleyes:

Best Regards.

Spacey i think has this exact amp! He'll no doubt pop along in bit to tell you about it. :)

The 150i is a superb amp. Give us some details about your speakers and Raj will soon be here to rave about it.

Yerp, I iz ear :D, it's just about perfect in every possible sense. Per doesn't know much about the 150i i doubt he’s even heard one, never mind lived with one for a few months.

Mine has the DAC and phono modules, which make a formidable compact one box system. It can drive just about any speaker. But it thrives with speakers without a signature to their sound, such as ATC's. I had Spendor SP1/2R's which worked well but changing to ATC SCM20SL's really let the amp shows it skills.

The DAC is transformer coupled on its S/PDIF input and is also an ADC. The phono stage is also MM/MC. Both are first rate. They didn't bother making a CDP, just a CDT.....

It's not cheap at around £6K with the modules, but considering the sound, build and digital control you get from it, it becomes rather good value.

My new system now is:

Olive 4HD - Perreaux 150i - ATC SCM20SL

Per, obviously it’s better than my previous systems, why wouldn't it be? I'd not have changed it otherwise - dugh!

http://www.perreaux.com/products/eloquence/150i_-_150w_stereo_integrated_amplifier/features.cfm
http://www.olive.us/products/music_servers/olive4hd/design.html
http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/scm20series.php

This system has seen off both ATC SCM50ASL / DAC1 HDR, and ADAM Audio Tensor Deltas / Lavry DA11.

None of these systems is exactly 'budget' but they all offer good value considering what you get out if them.

So why are you making comments on a hifi forum per? Does Spacey change things around any more than you do?

Will be interesting to hear from anyone else who knows this amp in various combinations, but I would imagine not many have heard it in the UK yet. You'd be better off asking a Canadian forum since Planet of Sound over there distribute it and match it with Harbeths very often.

I am sure the Perreaux is very good, but the reason why you get a bit of a ribbing is that you are a bit like the boy who cries wolf.

Every time you have upgraded, the new piece of equipment is the best ever and unbeatable etc. etc.

And then you go and upgrade the stuff a couple of months later. :)

To some of those experienced but rather jaded posters on here, it begins to look like someone is bigging their stuff up yet again, and like the boy who cries wolf, it gets ignored!

Just relax in the knowledge you have a very good system (just like many on here who don't feel the need to tell everyone!)

Many thanks for all the replies......I own Naim at the moment 200/202/AV2/NAPV175/Oppo 95/Proac response D2's, dont really want yet another box namely a DAC so i was looking at intergrated Perreaux 150i with MC/MM + DAC factory fitted.:D

So wherever you are the owner of one hurry up and tell me about it!.:rolleyes:

Best Regards.

Hello Zipper :)

Keep the speakers and Oppo 95, And you'll be just fine without the rest.

I am sure the Perreaux is very good, but the reason why you get a bit of a ribbing is that you are a bit like the boy who cries wolf.

Every time you have upgraded, the new piece of equipment is the best ever and unbeatable etc. etc.

And then you go and upgrade the stuff a couple of months later. :)

To some of those experienced but rather jaded posters on here, it begins to look like someone is bigging their stuff up yet again, and like the boy who cries wolf, it gets ignored!

Just relax in the knowledge you have a very good system (just like many on here who don't feel the need to tell everyone!)

Neil, have a looks at how many threads I've started about any of the above system. maybe 1 each, thats not exactly shouting from the roof tops is it!

If and when people ask for opinion/s on such products, as zipper has now for example, I can give an informer opinion!

Zipper, I bought mine through Audio Emotion, they're the UK distibutor now.

Neil have a looks at how many threads I've started about any of the above system. maybe 1 each, thats not exactly shouting from the roof tops is it!

If and when people ask for opinion/s on such products, as zipper has now for example, I can give an informer opinion!

Yes, of course, no issue there.

I think the reputation was really earned back in the SCM50/DAC 1 days.

Thats because there was a lot of discussion regarding active speaker systems at the time... and quite a lot of battles against some that were supposed to be 3000000x better but only pint sized in comparison. :)

Anyone got a good piccys here of the 150i? rather than whats availible from the usaul sources, ohhhhhhhh and thanks for all the comments good or bad i really do appreciate them as this is a expensive intergrated but it seems to have what i need.

Best regards

Neil, and for the record :) my HiFi CV since joining PFM is:

2008: Supernait, Neat 3is, Airport Express. Had build quality issues with the Neats.
2008: Supernait, WB Arcs, Airport Express. Needed to fill a big room.
2008: Lyndorf TDAi2200, WB Arcs, Airport Express. Next try bigger speakers.
2009: SCM 50ASL/DAC1-HDR/ATV1. Nice system, but moved house.
2010/2011: ADAM Audio Tensor Deltas/Lavry DA11/ATV1. Nice system but didn't like the paint finish on the Deltas and they required too much space around them.

2011/2012: Happy and finished - honest guv :)

The above list is hardly a box swappers wet dream is it!

Hello Zipper :)

Keep the speakers and Oppo 95, And you'll be just fine without the rest.

Funny, I would have suggested the exact opposite, keep the Naim stuff which is great and ditch the oppo for a source to match rest.

though I'd honour the idea getting one box only.

I have heard some like the SuperNait in combination with ProAc speakers - I'm not sure you will gain a soundwise improvement however, maybe even to the worse ?

Last time I heard Perreaux stuff it was kind of boring (hence my precausion) so I hope the new range perform better as indicated here, and as Spacey rightly point out I have never heard the 150i so on thin ground.

Just these ATM. TT and ATV1's gone and the Olive 4HD will be with me Wednesday so will take some more then.

SDC14726.jpg
SDC14713.jpg

SDC14714.jpg
SDC14718.jpg

I really like the table in front of your fireplace

I would have thought though that Technics would need a wall support

Great thanks a lot very compact is'nt it when you do take some more a closer look at the amp itself if possible much appreciated.

Best Regards

Cheers Per, the table was a gift from my brother. The Technics is 240v, has a DLL quartz locked motor. Its no longer mine anyhow, sold it over on AOS a few days ago :)

advertisement

Back