advertisement

PE mode with high output MC?

Felix

pfm Member
I have a DV-20xH and a P75 mk4.

It’s been suggested I try the P75 in PE mode despite the fact the cartridge is high output.
I’m happy to have a listen, but am worried the high output will overload / damage something if I do.

Would it? Is it even worth trying? I wouldn’t have thought it was, and that I’d have volume problems if I did anyway.

No because I think it boils down to the coil resistance not the voltage output. I think in the dim and distant past I tried it with a DL-110 hoping to improve it but it made no difference.

No because I think it boils down to the coil resistance not the voltage output. I think in the dim and distant past I tried it with a DL-110 hoping to improve it but it made no difference.
Sorry. Being thick. ‘No’ as in ‘no you can’t do any harm’?

No to worth trying, if you do a search you may get a result from here with a more technical response than mine as I'm sure it has been discussed before.

I tried all sorts of settings with 10x5, not worth trying, imo.
You either like the cart already or you don't. If you do, enjoy. If not, change it sooner rather than latter.

I tried all sorts of settings with 10x5, not worth trying, imo.
You either like the cart already or you don't. If you do, enjoy. If not, change it sooner rather than latter.
No there’s no problem. I’m really happy with my setup. As i say someone suggested it. Normally I’d give it a listen. I’m mainly worried about the high cart output messing something up on the mc settings PE kind of has.
No to worth trying, if you do a search you may get a result from here with a more technical response than mine as I'm sure it has been discussed before.
maybe. I couldn’t find it with a search though, specific to high output mc.

advertisement

Back