advertisement

PC blu-ray drive stopped showing

Neil P

pfm Member
I have an internal blu-ray drive on my PC, which has stop being visible in device manager. I knew something was up because it wouldn't open or close when i pressed the button on its front. It showed as a hidden item in device manger (but greyed out, which i think means not connected). I uninstalled it in device manger, then scanned for device changes but it didn't reappear. I restarted the PC but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks.

No not normally. They can come loose though. If the drawer doesn't open when you press the button it means either there is no power to the drive or it has failed.

DV
Thanks. I took the side panels off, and slid out the blu-ray drive. I disconnected and reconnected and it was fine, but when i slid it back in it stopped again. It's a very tight fit with the cables behind, will see if i can change the layout. I'm also considering a new case with hopefully more room or flexibility (this is a cheap, basic one).

Win 10, CD/DVD drive, also disappeared for me. I've tried a few fixes from various Win forums, but no luck yet. Replaced SATA cable to no avail. Power getting to it, open/close mech is fine

Will post later with what I've tried, and any solution that I find.

Not sure about Win 10, but with Win 11 and the latest update, my external usb3 card reader sporadically disappears and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to reappear.

Not sure about Win 10, but with Win 11 and the latest update, my external usb3 card reader sporadically disappears and has to be unplugged and plugged back in to reappear.
Have you checked that “USB selective suspend setting” is set to “Disabled”?

DV

advertisement

Back