advertisement

Passive pre-amp with remote/motorised volume control

Maybe take a look at Khozmo/Hattor - they offer a variety of remote controlled options and are rather well regarded / good VFM.

Creek have made two or three in the past, the OBH-12 and OBH-22 were 2 or 3 input passives with a powered remote for volume/mute. There was also the OBH-10 which is simply a remote volume control with a single pair of inputs and outputs.

I used a Tortuga LDR passive pre amp a few years ago, not sure if they are still made, their website is still there, however if you can find an LDR 1 it was very special and has a nice remote volume control.

schiit saga is good and has remote [ it has passive and valve option]

the solid state version is in stock and just 350 new

Icon do a remote option on their passive.
But it's absolute shite.
Minimal dynamics and sounded like I'd thrown duvets over the speakers.
I bought one a couple of years back. Within 30 mins it was photographed, boxed and back on eBay.

I believe theres a Khozmo with remote in either pfm or Wam classifieds at the moment.

In all likelyhood I will be putting my black remote volume Baby Ref V1in the classifieds after the 19th of the month (after my BO).
And the Music First Audio Baby Ref is just about one of the best passives I have owned.

But it's absolute shite.
Minimal dynamics and sounded like I'd thrown duvets over the speakers.
I bought one a couple of years back. Within 30 mins it was photographed, boxed and back on eBay.

I believe theres a Khozmo with remote in either pfm or Wam classifieds at the moment.
Was that the Icon Audio passive-pre (with the motorized Alps pot) or the Smart icOn with the Slagle autoformers? My Slagle AVC sounds nothing like described and I believe many prefer them to the TVC options (not done a comparison myself though).

advertisement

Back