advertisement

[IC] Paradise phono stage

slawekt

pfm Member
I’m on my quest to cut down on the box count and simplifying my setup with an amplifier with build in phono stage and DAC hence Paradise stage would be available for sale . I’d post few photos later tonight but it’s a 3 box build with black acrylic/engraved front panels and I’d be looking for offers around 2k , I’m afraid collection only from Shenfield/Essex
Thanks

Couple PM's answered - thank you for the interest and few photos below , for now it's just an interest check and I'm not certain about the price , I might be asking too much perhaps but this stage don't come up for sale too often

SLAj9Rv.jpg

uUj8D4P.jpg

Sbnq3z9.jpg

xQxahIl.jpg

QvaGR4x.jpg

TrQNUPV.jpg

NugXJ2r.jpg

lovely cases slav,what phono stage are you using instead?
Hi Jamie
Long time , still using Paradise but sporadically . I have an amplifier on home trial to substitute for tube amplifier in the Summer but I thought why not to go for SS McIntosh and simplify things - build in phono and DAC , I'm thinking about getting rid of Linn streamer as well and buying small streamer/transport or using laptop .
I should find out about MA9000 sometime next week , for now I'm using Gato Amp 150- on trial and MA2275- I might end up with two McIntosh amps :)

Looks like a bargain to me, impeccable build and cases
Thank you Neil
I hope you're doing well , thank you for the kind words , if your Paradise needs looking at or testing we could arrange something .
I wonder if you have made any more progress on your other project ?

Slav, would you like a couple of 3d printed houses for the input stages?
Thank you Simon but I'm not certain if they would fit as I've used slightly bigger diam. capacitors right next to input stage . I've tried to make cardboard covers but the difference was negligible , I went bit over the top with matching - after selecting rough match I warmed them up to 40C and matched at the exact voltage/current conditions depending on the position . I have to say it was well worth it as I didn't have to use any SMD caps underside of the boards - there was no oscillation to be found right up to my scope 100Mhz limit

Well, little resurrection of this thread - I need to clear some room and bring some more funds as Gato Amp proves to be bit difficult to sell at this time and price . I have quite good P/X offer for Gato against something but it would be sort of side move.
I might be buying another amplifier :) with a fairly good phono stage so , I probably would regret this, Paradise could become a victim .
Offers below 2k but not much lower would be considered . PM me ,thanks

You might want to check the parts cost before you sell it, building a new one ain't cheap.
It's an interest check for now as I need to re-think what I want to do , bloody house move screwed things a little as I was quite happy with what I've had . Now I ended up with room treatment and using tone controls on McIntosh amp as acoustics in new room aren't great , possibly I'd need couple subwoofers too.
asking price is kind off recouping build cost but I don’t think I’d build another one as it’s very time consuming and I need to start simplifying my HiFi .
I’ll try to take few measurements next weekend , usual THD, IMD, etc … but I doubt there are any changes since I built this.
I can offer a warranty on this , for the first year if anything happens I’ll cover postage and parts cost but this scenario is quite unlikely as this stage is bulletproof.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back