advertisement

Paddy McAloon on Newsnight.

Weekender

pfm Member
Tonight.
Edit: Trawl the Megahertz re-release related and incorrectly reported as a new release. It's been rebadged from a solo release to Prefab.

The white vinyl is dish-warped with a pressing fault on Side 1 - these have now been withdrawn by Rough Trade. The black vinyl seems to have been pressed off-centre - lots of videos around with woozy strings and pitch-issues. Expect these will be recalled too. Such a shame, my most-anticipated release of the year to date.....:(

Ah one of my favourite ever groups/artists... Swoon and Jordan the comeback are my faves...

Another NE band on the same label that I rate equally highly and should be famous are/were Martin Stephenson and The Daintees ;)

Mr Steel is a fine guitar player! Saw them last in Sheffield a few months back.

Do you know if there was any falling out with Gypsy Dave Smith? He isn't credited on the re-release greatest hits "There comes a time"...
No, Martin still speaks fondly of the gypsy. Any problem there would have been a record company thing. The greatest hits plus High Bells Ring Thin were contract fillers after the Daintees split in 92

Not that I know of.
The ad blurb, and the sticker on the front, say it's been remastered. The cover art has changed, and it now has some wonderful liner notes by the great man.
Bar a bit of IGD at the very end of side one, my Rough Trade white vinyl version is dead on. I still have to play the black vinyl version, so fingers crossed it's OK.

Blimey I can't believe the success rates with getting a good copy here.
I knew my white vinyl was dished as soon as I took it out the sleeve, putting it on the platter only confirmed it.

Blimey I can't believe the success rates with getting a good copy here.
I knew my white vinyl was dished as soon as I took it out the sleeve, putting it on the platter only confirmed it.

The dishing I could live with - it actually sounded fine, up until the horrendous static/distortion towards the end of Side 1

After reading this I had a look in the rack and found a copy of Swoon. It's signed. Autographed all over the the front..

Thing is. I honestly can't remember where I got it

Getting old is so shit. (or maybe it was just one hell of a good night)

advertisement

Back