advertisement

OS X High Sierra

What happened when you uninstalled it? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Fireworks and I wouldn't want to pay for that lot monthly.

What happened when you uninstalled it? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Fireworks and I wouldn't want to pay for that lot monthly.

It refused to accept the install disk image. Tried typing some code into the terminal after a bit of Googling but still couldn't get any joy. Asked Adobe direct and they just directed me to their community help page.

Yeah, thanks for the help Adobe. They aren't interested in looking after old software that you've already paid for.

I need the software for work so i'm stuck for now. At least i can claim it back as business expenses. If i was doing it as a hobby, i'd be happy with their free IOS PS Express!

Tread carefully...

Is running older apps in a virtual machine an issue? Virtualbox is free, Parallels is free for non-Windows use. It should be a simple matter of setting up a VM with an older OS on it that can still access your current drives. Plus that image is portable and can be taken to other machines as and when you upgrade.

Now both the laptop & iMac are playing up. Sudden restarts and can’t get past the white screens on either. Same age (2012) & probably sharing similar parts. Now seriously peed off with no working machines at the moment & the iPad I’m writing this on can’t do the work.

Nightmare, absolutel nightmare.

Now both the laptop & iMac are playing up. Sudden restarts and can’t get past the white screens on either. Same age (2012) & probably sharing similar parts. Now seriously peed off with no working machines at the moment & the iPad I’m writing this on can’t do the work.

Nightmare, absolutel nightmare.

Something does not sound right here. Did you install the recent supplemental updates?

My late 2012 Mac Mini has been stable and even running 10.13 in a VM hasn't yet crashed. Fingers crossed.

Unlike the iOS11 update that won't run some key apps and for some reason can receive but not send email - I've checked and the outgoing server config is correct. I'll try again once I have the time to waste. I would like to flog off my virtually unused iPAD Air 2 cellular but its part of this new Apple double checking authorisation thingamebob. The authorisation code is ALWAYS sent to the iPAD Air2 so I'll have to figure out how this (if it can) be sent to my old iPad 2 (also very little used) thats running on IOS9.

Cheers,

DV

Should get sent to any online device, pops up on my macbook, ipad and iphone at the same time when logging in.

Something does not sound right here. Did you install the recent supplemental updates?

My late 2012 Mac Mini has been stable and even running 10.13 in a VM hasn't yet crashed. Fingers crossed.

Unlike the iOS11 update that won't run some key apps and for some reason can receive but not send email - I've checked and the outgoing server config is correct. I'll try again once I have the time to waste. I would like to flog off my virtually unused iPAD Air 2 cellular but its part of this new Apple double checking authorisation thingamebob. The authorisation code is ALWAYS sent to the iPAD Air2 so I'll have to figure out how this (if it can) be sent to my old iPad 2 (also very little used) thats running on IOS9.

Cheers,

DV

I’m sure I’m bang up to date. Had just installed photoshop & light room too as I had on the MacBook. Both running neat identical software & now have the same problem. The laptop screen also has green coloured lines running across as it too. Ran a hardware test on the iMac but it showed no hardware problems.

Pulling what’s left of my hair out now.

Just performed a minor update last night to get rid of those pesky reminders. And since then, although I can connect to the internet, Airport Utility. doesn't recognise my Time Capsule any more and I can't access my printer, NAS, Time Machine, Linn software or anything else connected to the network. All of which were working fine up until that point. My iPad is fine, but that's a different operating system. Spent nearly three hours on the phone with Apple this afternoon. No joy. There are going to phone me tomorrow.
Grrr.

There are going to phone me tomorrow.

You are more likely to receive a call from someone posing as a representative of Microsoft Technical Support informing you that your computer has a virus.

You: "Yeah but, I have a Mac!"

Them: "Oh yes sir, we know that, but I am telling you, you have a virus!"

advertisement

Back