advertisement

Os Mutantes

Yup, some good modern psych stuff coming from Latin/South America too. eg Follakzoid (playing in Liverpool later this year-gutted I cant make it) and Serpentina Satellite among others.

Then you are in for a treat cos the headliners are the Dead Skeletons (I saw them at the Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia last year). See https://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolPsychFest for gig details and a link to a Follakzoid number. Speaking of the festival, I went last weekend and Eat Lights Become Lights did an excellent set as did the warm digits-Highlight of the weekend though was Mugstar. There were a couple of south American bands there Liminanas and Holydrug Couple. Have a good one-if I was dead cheeky I'd ask to crash on your floor after the gig but it's a mid-weeker so out of the question. Also I'm not cheeky and my feet smell- hey ho.

thanks for the info- members of my band have links with mugstar and we where lucky enough to see them play a few years ago at our drummers birthday party in his front room!

Älterboy;2132329 said:
anyone like Os Mutantes?
good

Liked their first 2 albums from 68 - 69.

The latest incarnation is a bit, well, like er...duff in comparison, IMHO.

Chris

Älterboy;2133217 said:
thanks for the info- members of my band have links with mugstar and we where lucky enough to see them play a few years ago at our drummers birthday party in his front room!

Was there a light show too? Thanks for piping in there Mesc- I thought I'd killed the thread with my smelly socks.

Was there a light show too? Thanks for piping in there Mesc- I thought I'd killed the thread with my smelly socks.

Mind you, my first perceptions of the Mutants was almost certainly moderated through copious amounts of (6aR,9R)-N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4,6,6a,7,8,9-hexahydroindolo-[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide!

I haven't done acid for over 30 years, so probably psych just doesn't sound as psych as it used to:)

Chris

advertisement

Back