advertisement

Original Album Classics - Cheapo Box Sets

rod

beach bum
Possibly a repost, but at the low prices, worth another look. Amazon are selling box sets of various artists under the Original Album Classics title. Five cds for between £10 and £15 depending on whether you want to buy from Amazon or the market place.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-3257776-2753516?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=original+album+classics&x=0&y=0

A mixture of artists and styles - Davis, Rollins, and Monk - Rory Gallagher, Blue Oyster Cult, Patti Smith, and Lou Reed - amongst others. Well worth a punt in my book if you don't have much from a given artist.

I tripped over this after a Blue Oyster Cult fan advised that the five cd set was their first four (classic!) albums, plus Mirrors. The first four all were the recent extra track versions. Less than £15 for (IMHO) four and a half cracking albums.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They seem like a bargain and I've already put six into my basket. But before I push the button can anyone shed any light on the quality of the recordings.

Some recently bought CDs are unenjoyable through over compression and I haven't even finished playing the latest Duffy album as its so badly compressed.......

Cheers,

DV

Some recently bought CDs are unenjoyable through over compression and I haven't even finished playing the latest Duffy album as its so badly compressed.......

Please, tell us how it turns out. Maybe because they are so cheap they haven't bothered doing new "re"masters? One can hope...

JohanR

advertisement

Back