advertisement

Orbital - Live + Records

farfromthesun

pfm Member
They're performing the Green and Brown Albums on tour this year, and also pressing some of the old albums again. Release wise, only The Green Album is available for now but I'd be surprised if no more appeared. The represses from a few years back go for a few quid these days and for obvious reasons there's not many decent copies of the original pressings around!

Orbital Green Album

I'm a big fan of these 2 albums, especially the brown album. I came to them later on, maybe late 90's.

nice to see they're being released again, last time I saw the brown album, double gatefold I think, it was £40 and I decided against it. I was also used to playing it on CD but I no longer own it.

Good News! Not that long ago I saw the both Green and Brown albums in a Devon record shop. Had just come in and both North of £100. Great albums but mad at that price.

I have the Brown album but in a double cover, it is a single cover but a tad larger to accommodate 2 discs. It is a draw between this and Snivilisation. I never bothered with the green one as my lovely nephew recorded a lot of their live stuff off internets and radio.

Green one rereleased -

I’ve got the Assai signed obi edition red/green copy of the first album in the mail to me right now. I hardly ever buy (non-jazz) reissues, but my copy of this one is a CD and being signed it should be a good investment. Hopefully it is a good mastering as I love this album. Should land later today or tomorrow.

The 4CD boxset arrived yesterday, and it's a really nice thing - nice hardback book with clippings, reviews, and comments about the individual tracks; plus a few recreated flyers. I've not played it back to back with the original yet, but it's sounding good nonetheless.
Rather looking forward to seing them next Thursday; which we've only just realised will make it a night out for our anniversary.

My signed green/red vinyl arrived, #8/100. Sounds decent. Nice quiet pressing, not as loud and punchy as I was expecting, but still pretty decent. Still my favourite Orbital album. A strong case can be made for the next three, but this is the one IMO.

PS For whatever reason side 4 was filthy, some white powder/dust in the grooves. I wet-clean everything before playing so no issue here. I‘m assuming it wasn’t a free gift I was meant to inhale…

advertisement

Back