advertisement

Oracle Delphi Mk 11

You can get a decent LP12 for circa £2k 2nd hand. Or just get something by Rega or nothing at all.
I have had, seen, sold, serviced more Fruit Boxes than you ever will so perhaps your Brain matches your Face? A 'decent LP 12 for only 2K? Most I ever paid for one was about 500 quid. From a dealer in England. Had a mishap in transit, motor sheared off toplate. However.. sported a Minted Syrinx PU 7, a Big name cartridge, I can't recall with a Ruby cantilever and a Fluted Rosewood plinth. Boring the guy at Linn, oh I had a fluted Rosewood plinth.. guess how many were made before Hargreaves or some such decided the wood was so hard it was breaking all their tools? Doubled my money on the arm and cartridge. Built the plinth into effectively a brand new Sondek. Sold to Japan for 600 quid, so kind of broke even? Only Linn from dozens stayed any time was Arthurs Fully Funked Vector/Zeta/Koetsu, only sold through financial necessity. You think setting up an LP12 is Rocket Science, try setting up an Oracle that sustained an Earthquake???

There are loads of great turntable bargains around if you look. Loads. I'm usually spoiled for choice. No need to spend Porsche money. Try not to be too dramatic.
Not be too Dramatic? Have you looked at MCRU website lately. I was importing all this stuff from the States 20 years ago. Dealers.. Foo and now you see all this crap. 3.5K for an Earthing? box, made in Scotland? where's my Shovel.... have to go Box of Black Ravioli has arrived, 30 Bob for delivery and it's stone cauld?

Far more interesting than I thought it would be. Seems a tad of oil on the bearing helps. Wee tip, do not let Linn Black oil anywhere near an Oracle, J7 special brew or 3 in 1. Pools win, I would spend on a new one, lets Face it, it's only 3 times what I've spent on the roof of the house. Waited near 20 years to own one, a work of Art that more than achieves it's purpose. Any old one's, playing up, the ribbon cable from the front controls to the motor gets grubby, speed issues, give it a clean.

advertisement

Back