advertisement

Oracle Delphi Mk 11

Si74

pfm Member
Bought this from the States maybe 20 years ago for $500. Decided to go tits up. Sod it, I'll buy a new one, eh £13K, maybe no.
Just buy an old Fruit box,, eh no chance given the silly prices folks are asking for them. Just have to build another Lenco.
Tough decision, my Dream Porsche or a middling turntable to play my vinyl on? This is now the Land of Lunatics with more money than sense, makes no Wonder Young folks think we are all raving Mad.

I don’t know what you mean but this was the best deck ever owned.
Partnered with a SME 309 and Lyra Dorian.

Had one of these new from Radlett audio in 1981 with FR64S. Lasted till early 2005 when motor packed up.

It might be worth talking to True Point Audio. They service and make replacement parts for Pink Triangles, including motors and power supplies/ speed controllers, amongst other things. Not cheap, but I expect they could do something with the Oracle too.

OL make motor kits Still have a my 40+ year old MK1 with koetsu Signature & Sumiko MDC8000

blob

Bought this from the States maybe 20 years ago for $500. Decided to go tits up. Sod it, I'll buy a new one, eh £13K, maybe no.
Just buy an old Fruit box,, eh no chance given the silly prices folks are asking for them. Just have to build another Lenco.
Tough decision, my Dream Porsche or a middling turntable to play my vinyl on? This is now the Land of Lunatics with more money than sense, makes no Wonder Young folks think we are all raving Mad.
There are loads of great turntable bargains around if you look. Loads. I'm usually spoiled for choice. No need to spend Porsche money. Try not to be too dramatic.

OL make motor kits Still have a my 40+ year old MK1 with koetsu Signature & Sumiko MDC8000

blob
+1.

21-years later, we still run our LINN LP12 using an ORIGIN LIVE ADVANCED DC MOTOR KIT.

It always sounded better than the LINN AC motor - and I've long ago tricked it up to sound even better!

I'm certain the ORACLE DELPHI could be converted to DC motor.

Once you get your head around them, DC motors are so easy to work with - AND with no deadly AC involved!

Hope you still have it? DC motor sounds like a good idea.

This is superb....

The OL DC motor kit is the shonkiest piece of crap ever made. Speed drifts constantly. I tried to fix a PT with one years ago and ruined it. No, get your original PSU fixed by a tech.

The OL DC motor kit is the shonkiest piece of crap ever made. Speed drifts constantly. I tried to fix a PT with one years ago and ruined it. No, get your original PSU fixed by a tech.
Didn't want to 'fix' my LPT with one a few years so fixed it with a Technics FG motor setup - worked perfectly - just a little slower to get to speed.

Ain’t that the truth. My old PT1 had one fitted and it lasted a week before I fitted a Rega motor and used a TTPSU. A wind up gramophone would’ve been better.

Easy fix of the OL ADVANCED MOTOR KIT.

It needs a stiffer power supply that the 9V wall-wart it is supplied with.

We use a 160W/24V LHY Linear Power Supply.

I also increased the resistor power handling in the controller.

The original OL (Premotec) DC motor is now 20-years old and is utterly quiet.

We work-from-home and play LPs all day…

Couldn’t be happier!

As to the Ohell stuff, been there. totally agree. Only place I'd go for advice on DC is Arthur. however my Deck runs of a Pabst Motor.Wallwart marked 220V, Oracle no help so run of the stepdown for the Pax.

advertisement

Back