advertisement

Oppo HA-2 & PM-3

imattersuk

pfm Member
Just bought a pair of Oppo PM-3's and their HA-2 amp/dac to run on my Macbook Pro and iPhone, great combination and well worth checking out if you're looking for a similar set up. Tried quite a few other headphones in a similar price range and these blew me away as did the amp/dac, stunning products for the price.

Great demo facilities at HiFi Lounge in Herts

I have a pair of PM-3's too and agree. They are great headphones. I use mine with a Geek Out 1000 DAC/HP amp (with MacBook) or a Fiio X5 DAP and Fiio E12 headphone amp when travelling around. Both set ups make the Oppo's sing. However, I for one disagree with Oppo's claims that you can run them using just your smartphone. They definitely need a headphone amp driving them to hear them at their best. I also think they need a decent run in period 150 hours plus.

If you are looking for a pair of closed headphones I strongly recommend the PM-3's

Good to hear the positive feedback, these are on my radar for a demo later in the year.

Anyone recommend Oppo demo facilities in North/NE England?

I for one disagree with Oppo's claims that you can run them using just your smartphone. They definitely need a headphone amp driving them to hear them at their best.
Yes for sure and a strange statement to make for a company who sell a stunning amp/dac for £259, their marketing dept should be pushing this combo, dealer told me they sold the same combo the day before I bought mine.

advertisement

Back