advertisement

Open letter denouncing the "restriction of debate".

No argument from me. London is the best place in the UK for everything except countryside and affordable housing IMHO. If I could afford to live there well I’d still be there.

when I type my soon to be new postcode into Deliveroo I only get a choice of pizza, burgers and one chinese.

when i type my address into "skip the dishes", the server almost breaks. here's a few from the list:

Bone Soup Malatang
Sunrise Caribbean Stockyard
The Owl Boo Ung Ee
Mi'hito Suchi Laboratory
La Bella Managua
Nimman Thia House
Matha Roti - East Indian Cuisine
Piri Piri Grillhouse
Pho Saigon Bangkok Restaurant
St. Matthew's BBQ Chicken

No argument from me. London is the best place in the UK for everything except countryside and affordable housing IMHO. If I could afford to live there well I’d still be there.
Those two things are pretty much the moat important; you can probably add beer to the list.

‘Affordable housing’ is relative. I left as I realised I couldn’t buy the sort of property I wanted (a nice big two-bed flat) in the area I wanted (Z1-2). Other people can obviously afford it as there are huge numbers of people living in the areas I wanted to live. A the time I left a nice flat of that description in Notting Hill (which would be my #1 location) was £600k absolute minimum. Too rich for me by quite some margin, especially as I was a first time buyer. The countryside aspect is less significant that one might think as once you really learn London, i.e. cycle or walk it rather than sitting on tubes, it is just amazing how much lovely green space it has. Everyone looks at me dumbfounded when I say this, but it is a great place to cycle IMO. I loved riding around exploring the place and the traffic was far worse then than it is now (I lived there before the congestion tariff thing).

advertisement

Back