advertisement

Once allied to warm electronics .....hifi world 98

Because if they did design it properly it would all sound the same and the whole industry would fall on its arse?

Because if they did design it properly it would all sound the same and the whole industry would fall on its arse?

I thought the whole industry had already fallen on its arse but not entirely due to poor design but for not engaging with people younger than fifty!

Times change. Young people don't want hifi, they want portability and phones. When did you last hear load music coming from a teeneager's bedroom? When did you last hear loud music? Maybe from a car, other than that, forget it.

I wouldn't have a hifi shop as a gift these days.

Times change. Young people don't want hifi, they want portability and phones. When did you last hear load music coming from a teeneager's bedroom? When did you last hear loud music? Maybe from a car, other than that, forget it.

I wouldn't have a hifi shop as a gift these days.
Nor me! I still accuse the industry as a whole for not trying harder to entice younger people to buy Hi Fi. I perfectly understand the desire to listen on the hoof - that's why I own B&W P5 Wireless 'phones to listen to R4, music or Audible on my iPhone when commuting or travelling.
You say don't want, many just have virtually no experience of a half-decent static system. it's a bit like beer - it needs to be advertised in the right places.

advertisement

Back