advertisement

Old Minolta MD lenses

stevec67

pfm Member
I have a Minolta X700 from the 80s. Accepting that the body is old technology and only of interest if still shooting 35mm, are the lenses still of use? They are manual focus Minolta MD fit, do they fit any of the modern digital SLRs?

I have an adapter that allows them to work with the Olympus E3 and other 4/3rds camera in manual mode, however, as I have 4/3rds lenses that cover the same range the old MD lenses are ornaments.

I bought the adapter via eBay from China and I would expect that you can get adapters so that they can work with other makes.

Thanks Derek. I take it the adaptor still allows lens coupling so you can (manually) focus with the aperture wide open, or is this no longer an issue ?

Steve

Take a look at this thread in one of the 4/3rds forums about the adapters -
http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/showthread.php?t=38350&highlight=Minolta+lens+adapter

I will have a play tomorrow to remind me of the capabilities, the lenses I was interested in re-using were the Minolta Fisheye (16mm) and the 300mm.
As I have the Olympus 7-14 and the 50 to 200 plus a 1.4 converter I just about have the range covered, so I did not invest too much time in the adapter.

advertisement

Back