advertisement

Oh good grief!

Steve - its a pair for each channel for Stereo, two pairs of twins. Not cheap.
I reckon I can run to it Martin if I trade in my ESLs. No matter, I'm sure the Goodmans bookshelf jobs I use for testing will sound better with the aardvarks than the ESLs without. Do you take Paypal or is Western Union better?:p

Quote: Mike82ARP
*I use a MinusK BM-8 under my CDP. I reviewed it for American Wired a few years ago.*

See link: www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=tweaks&m=156973
Quote: MMasztal 13:54:44 07/14/08
The best?? Minus K BM-8 platform which I use. Phenomenal sonic improvement under my CDP.... I also wrote a review for American Wired which was not published as they went defunct in the process.

A new name for a new board???
Only a shortened version of the same story.

Does this mean we have had no improvements in the science over the past 2+ years - when the world of hifi is crying out for another wonder product.

How can I ever sleep at night knowing the sound of my hifi is trapped - needing an extra expensive tweak known only to the gods.

Yeah.... Americans just pretty much SUCK.... You might as well just write us off... ALL of us, we are all the same.... We pretty much missed the boat, unlike the majority of the population of this fine planet who are getting it 'right'

In support of the original posters 'illumination' of some of the ridiculous things that are put forth as 'hi-fi' tweaks, I recently read about some outfit selling some dietary suppliment to enhance the human ears ability to hear... Oh,.... and you know it was reasonably priced...

Somebody please restore my faith in humanity......

Quote ..

A legendary Shun Mook product now being made in a very, very limited number. This record clamp is made from extremely rare pieces of dried ebony briar. This extra heavy century old ebony root which were immersed in the swamps of Africa has a unique power that no other wood possesses. The vibration generated by the diamond stylus in the vinyl groove besides inducing an electroflux through the phono-cartridge also excites the ebony molecules, causing it to resonate. This in turn is feed back through the stylus and is reproduced as expanded sound staging, enhanced separation, sharpened focus and enriched tonal balance of the music. Due to the rareness of this timber, there is no doubt that it will become a collector item in the future."

Questions?

Quote ..

A legendary Shun Mook product now being made in a very, very limited number. This record clamp is made from extremely rare pieces of dried ebony briar. This extra heavy century old ebony root which were immersed in the swamps of Africa has a unique power that no other wood possesses. The vibration generated by the diamond stylus in the vinyl groove besides inducing an electroflux through the phono-cartridge also excites the ebony molecules, causing it to resonate. This in turn is feed back through the stylus and is reproduced as expanded sound staging, enhanced separation, sharpened focus and enriched tonal balance of the music. Due to the rareness of this timber, there is no doubt that it will become a collector item in the future."

Questions?

Now I find using one of these under my turntable answers all of the above questions and provides a sound that is beyond this world. :D

English_ouija_board.jpg

...well you all bought LP12s didn't you? :D:D

I certainly did, I've had 4 and made money on each one. What's more they all did the job they were set up to do and I enjoyed using them!

I'm anxiously waiting for Martin's aardvark though, I reckon that could give me the breakthrough I'm after. After that I'll try the Mun Shook wooden things, they have to work too, they say so in the ad. After all everyone knows I can't improve on my Denon DL110 so this is the only solution. Bring on Martin's buried aardvark! (I've paid extra for him to do the burying for me, he's looked it up on Google Earth, found exactly the best spot and he's going to let me know when it's in the ground.):cool:.

Quote ..

Questions?
Only one: is anyone stupid enough to buy one?

advertisement

Back