advertisement

Obsolete component question.

Graham B

pfm Member
Hi all. The flue fan that exhausts combustion products from my old gas Aga has failed. The original installer has advised it is a fault on the circuit board that controls the fan, which is linked to an air flow sensor, and which ultimately opens the solenoid on the gas valve and allows it to run.

The fitters are struggling to find a new circuit board, but one of my neighbours is an electronic engineer and offered to take a look at the failed board.

There is a transistor like component on the board which is labelled as “ST microelectronics Z509 / DBZ509”

Does anyone have any info on this component, like a data sheet or what would be a current equivalent?

Thanks all, very much looking forward to being able to cook on it again!

If you type 'ST microelectronics Z509' into Google the third item is an 'Alldateasheet' for the item which is a Zener Diode.
I'm not clever enough to post a link here. I hope this helps.

DBZ509 is harder to expain, "DBZ" is a package, but this might also be a prefix for a bi-directional zener

Thank you for the replies. I’ll pass on these thoughts and see if I have a picture of the board, or take one and add it to the thread if not.

Try Heatspares in Glasgow, they might be able to point you in the right direction if there's a board available at another source/supplier or they might have one.

You will need the exact model of the Aga and possibly the serial number too.

I'd also stick that info into a Google search.

0141 445 4830

advertisement

Back