advertisement

Obelisks on Ebay

DavidS

pfm Member
In case no one had noticed there has been a £700 price reduction on these.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That’s because they wrongly advertised them as mk2’s, I see the price has now reduced and the advert has been somewhat updated. Still doesn’t categorically say that they are mk1’s but they are 100%

That's a good price for mk1 Obs from a dealer, even late mk1's private are probably around £2000

My Obelisks (Mk 1) are at least in as good condition as these. Not using them now but can't get myself to sell...but this has got me thinking..

Value for these is not just about condition. These are very very Late series 1, looks like same drive units as early series 2

Down to £1795 now.

From the serial numbers I'd say they are from around 2005-2007 so fairly late mk1's

Ah I see. What qualifies as late Series 1? When did the series 2 appear?

Mk2's started being made late 2008 but weren't in the UK until early 2009.

The top pyramid is birch ply rather than vinyl covered wood.
Cabinet has increased bracing to make them more rigid.
Refined crossover that increases sensitivity from 86dB to 89dB

The mk2's have the same drivers as late mk1's

Th
Mk2's started being made late 2008 but weren't in the UK until early 2009.

The top pyramid is birch ply rather than vinyl covered wood.
Cabinet has increased bracing to make them more rigid.
Refined crossover that increases sensitivity from 86dB to 89dB

The mk2's have the same drivers as late mk1's
Thanks. I believe mine are early 2000s - very late 90K serial nos

Intrigued by the references to dates and serial numbers I checked mine ("deserter"s old ones).
They're numbers 10135 & 10136 so just slightly earlier than the ones on eBay. The original boxes, bearing the same serial nos, carry shipping labels showing they were shipped from New York JFK on 29th August 2002.

advertisement

Back