advertisement

OAP unhurt in car accident

The guy is 97 years old. ffs.

Most probably had an argument with the missus and went off in a huff for a spin in the Drover.

If I could ever get to that age and do the same.

"Police would like to interview an american actress seen driving a white Fiat Uno in the vicinity of the accident"

The guy is 97 years old. ffs.

Most probably had an argument with the missus and went off in a huff for a spin in the Drover.

If I could ever get to that age and do the same.
Just a good job nobody was seriously hurt. Before Christmas, a friend’s nephew, in his mid 20s was killed instantly when someone really was driving their Range Rover in anger, it was a foggy night and they came flying down the high street traveling at least double the speed limit. He just didn’t stand a chance.

Am I hallucinating or did I read somewhere that the Monarch can't be prosecuted for any crime? If so does that apply to 97yr old Greek racists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_immunity

Certainly does apply to 97 year old Greek racists

The monarch is immune from arrest in all cases; members of the royal household are immune from arrest in civil proceedings.[37] No arrest can be made "in the monarch's presence", or within the "verges" of a royal palace. When a royal palace is used as a residence (regardless of whether the monarch is actually living there at the time), judicial processes cannot be executed within that palace.[38]

The monarch's goods cannot be taken under a writ of execution, nor can distress be levied on land in their possession. Chattels owned by the Crown, but present on another's land, cannot be taken in execution or for distress. The Crown is not subject to foreclosure.[39]

So if Liz is assassinated in Buck Palace the assassin can stay there with impunity?

So if Liz is assassinated in Buck Palace the assassin can stay there with impunity?

I’m no expert but I’d say no because there will be a new monarch as in the king is dead (and you’re nicked Phil) long live the king or queen.

A Freelander? What a shed! Bloody hell what is this country coming to? I want royals to be crashing proper kit not a bloody Golf on stilts.

Further FFS what a puff, the daft old bastard wasn't even pissed! I was hugely disappointed, I would expect at least a bottle of Campbeltown on board; our royals need to get a grip!

I can understand why people may think too much fuss is being made of this but, like it or not, he is the elderly husband of our Head of State and clearly had a narrow squeak, as did the others involved in the incident. As has been pointed out already, he can't be prosecuted as we can hardy expect the Head of State to prosecute her own husband - which is what it would amount to - can we? :rolleyes:

I cannot see how he is immune from prosecution. HE is not the head of state. The family are not immune - I recall Princess Anne (as she was) being done for speeding in her Scimitar.

Anyway - not that many road accidents result in a prosecution. Accidents happen and unless there is clear evidence of evidence of a crime, then an accident it will remain and the insurance companies will sort out the mess.

Was there no close protection officer in the car with him? - I would have thought there always would be, but perhaps they sometimes follow in another vehicle.

advertisement

Back