advertisement

Nytech 202 rebuild

nitrous

pfm Member
Hi Gang, I don't usually post here in Classic thread but I thought this may be off use to people.

Many years ago I had a Nytech 202 (bought new from Beaver Radio in Liverpool from earnings working in a local shop as a spotty yoof). Sadly I sold it years ago when I went all naim.

However, a mate had exactly the same one it was used until about 3 or 4 years ago when it was banished to his garage .......when he went all naim:rolleyes:

At the end of last year it nearly went to the skip, so I rescued it and started searching around and discovered the revitalised Nytech company website. I hadn't intended a full rebuild as I thought it was beyond me so sent PA modules off for recap and anti thump mod and started corresponding with Mr. Phil Balam who was very helpful.

Below is a slide show (sorry plays in reverse) of me dismantling the original amp and upgrade to new rear panel which also involved splitting pre/power sections with link plug. I have to say I thought I had got myself in too deep, but I read and re-read the thorough instructions and completed the job without any major hitches.

I could have done with a few more photos of other amps for comfort as I was going along and couldn't find these online hence me posting this in case others need them.

Also, one shot shows the kit I received from Nytech to complete the job all laid out once unpacked, with everything you need.

Sorry for long post, and if Phil reads this hope you don't mind me posting this and thanks again.

http://s116.photobucket.com/user/nitrous_cyclings/slideshow/Nytech ca202 amplifier

Nice job Nitrous.
Would it be a good idea to post it again in the Nytech / Ion Appreciation thread?

I've rebuilt a couple of 202's in the past, not using Phil's kits though. They are not the easiest things to work on! They all needed new output transistor, etc. etc. in the amp modules. A pain in the a***e.

j7qo82.jpg
2e31nbl.jpg

Hi Snowman_al, I wasn't sure if the appreciation thread was the right place or not. You're right about working on these amps, it took some thinking through to get things done with wires everywhere in a confined space!

Amp modules were done for me luckily :)

advertisement

Back