advertisement

Notts pfm mash-up!

Would city make more sense? It's a bit more central for most, Mansfield is a right schlep from Keyworth etc. Plus there's some cracking pubs that serve proper beer, Malt Cross being one that springs to mind.

Would city make more sense? It's a bit more central for most, Mansfield is a right schlep from Keyworth etc. Plus there's some cracking pubs that serve proper beer, Malt Cross being one that springs to mind.

I would prefer somewhere I can park outside and hobble in, middle of Nottingham is a pain for me in terms of access. Not bothered about the beer as I will be driving. Prefer somewhere quiet, don't want to have shouting conversations. Not good at suggesting places though as I rarely go to pubs anymore.

I’m a bit perturbed about the Mansfield slander here especially when compared to Nottingham, formerly a Mecca for knife and gun crime! I’m a Worksopian and not had a whiff of trouble since moving here 18 years ago.

I’m a bit perturbed about the Mansfield slander here especially when compared to Nottingham, formerly a Mecca for knife and gun crime! I’m a Worksopian and not had a whiff of trouble since moving here 18 years ago.

I have had 'trouble' down Mansfield and Nottingham. Nowadays I am not walking about at 2:30 a.m. pissed up, looking for a kebab and a cab home. So, I have no problem with Mansfield or Nottingham (or Shirebrook!) I am sure you could find trouble in most places if you drink enough and stay up past 10 o'clock horses...

If you are that way, then Mansfield is a better call.

yes thats the one , nice pub i guess, havent been in for over 25 years so i guess my ban is off, ;) as all the staff are probably dead by now, don't mind Mansfield but the train station is quite a way off the town, driving is ok but we all like a beer or two, if you are coming from keyworh you can pick me up , as i live in NG2 colwick thanks in advance.
and while we are talking shows what are you thinking about the ascot show

yes thats the one , nice pub i guess, havent been in for over 25 years so i guess my ban is off, ;) as all the staff are probably dead by now, don't mind Mansfield but the train station is quite a way off the town, driving is ok but we all like a beer or two, if you are coming from keyworh you can pick me up , as i live in NG2 colwick thanks in advance.
and while we are talking shows what are you thinking about the ascot show

The Hutt has changed hands a few times, I have not been for yonks. Used to do reasonable food.

Would city make more sense? It's a bit more central for most,
If drinking is to be involved it could work (Derby/Notts/Leics border) enabling the use of public transport or even a pushbike if I am feeling fit. Mansfield looks a bit too far but whatever the location it will inevitably be too far for some.

I’m happy to meet in Nottm. The Lincolnshire Poacher on Mansfield Rd has on street parking, and isn’t too busy in the week.

Yup, used to go there loads, and ? Golden Fleece? near it?

Used to go see The Shod Collective play pleasing jazz there in the nineties, Fleece or Poacher? Can't remember.

I can’t do Wednesday or a Thursday evenings. Can do any of the others with enough notice?

Sunday isn’t a bad evening for me tbh.

Right, a starter for 10; Sunday 7th October. 6-7pm at the Lincolnshire Poacher, Mansfield Rd(just up from the Victoria bus station). Plenty of nearby parking etc.

Any takers?

advertisement

Back