advertisement

Nottingham Dais on Fraim

Nic

Enlarged Member
Hi, has anyone had any experience of supporting a dais on a naim fraim ? I believe it may fit but it doesn't look to pretty? Would it be best to have the naim electronics on glass fraim and the dais on fraim lite ie. not on a ball bearing glass shelf. I know the conventional wisdom for Nott decks states as solid a support as possible. Hence I'm contemplating a full fraim rack for the electronics and then a top shelf being a fraim lite for the dais. Any experiences or wisdom?
Many thanks.

Not sure why you are considering a (pricey) Naim Fraim for your Dais, Nic, unless you've already got one.

The Dais needs minimal isolation, whereas the Fraim is, I believe, all about isolation. I have mine on a large beaded 18mm ply top, painted/stained/polished supported on focal pods on top of a heavy duty Target 5 shelf tripod table with spikes. Wanted it on a shelf, but not feasible.:)

Notts turntables are not fussy about what you site them on, though you wouldn't want anything too flimsy. Fraim is fine as is Fraim Lite - whichever you have.

Hi Mike, I am planning shortly to fraim my complete naim system, the overall effect is positive, just trying to see if the dais can be successfully incorporated. My recent demo just with the superline, preamp and crossover swapped from a my incumbent, which is a hutter rack to the glass fraim was a significant hike in performance. It has helped me get closer to my happy sound. Just hoping to get the dais to fit. Hence my thought on using a fraim lite for the dais or normal glass fraim? Calling HiFi Dave...

Oops you posted just before me Dave! Thanks. Don't have any yet I'm about to buy some just not sure which one especially with my hair brained fraim lite idea.

Thanks Dave for your comments. It sounds like electronic on full glass fraim and dais on fraim lite. I suspect it will be a tight fit with the overhanging plinth?

Thanks Dave for your comments. It sounds like electronic on full glass fraim and dais on fraim lite. I suspect it will be a tight fit with the overhanging plinth?

Just a thought, Nic. If you have, or are thinking of getting, an acrylic cover for your Dais, it'll have to have a fair amount of edge to sit on.

I have one, made to my spec's, which allows plenty of space between plinth and perspex so that it's easy to place/remove without incident.

Nic,

I have a mix of Fraim (pre-amp, LP12, NDS, SNAXO) and Fraimlite (amps, supercaps, xps2 radikal). Have played around with switching stuff on fraim for stuff on fraimlite. With the exception of the LP12 and the SNAXO it made bugger all difference. As the Dias is not suspended you should be good with Fraimlite. If you are anywhere near Liverpool you are welcome to try the effect of Fraim vs Fraimlite in my setup. Bung me a PM if interested.

Thanks everyone, I'm based in New Zealand so a listen would be great but logistically challenging!
My system is on two racks of hutter racktime with hifi bases and the current in home demo of the naim brains rack on to fraim is very impressive. At the moment I have the 252, supercap2, snaxo 242, superline and nds on fraim. My plan is to also plan for glass fraim rack for the 2x250.2s, hicap2, unitiserve, 555ps....just not entirely sure about the dais and wave mechanic. My understanding of the Nott was solid structures and non resonant. So I was proposing fraim lite for the dais, as this is more solid than the fraim glass shelf and ball bearing interface. Mike, do you run your superline on fraim or have you tried it?

advertisement

Back