advertisement

Nottingham Analogue Dais

Not the greatest pic,

But good enough to make me wonder why your Dais look different to mine (and Rockhopper's)? Maybe it's the angle which shows a line from front to back on the R side.

I only know the wooden boards, and had to change the one for 9"/10" arms supplied for the 12" board, which is larger. I subsequently bought another. Not sure if the 12" board would also suit 9"/10" arms; bit silly, I s'pose, as why have 2 sizes if so ? Didn't know N.A. did metal arm-boards. Yes, the boards are transferrable and I can't understand why Penny or Adam would tell you otherwise, Lazyscott1 (are you the first of the Lazyscotts then?:)))

Thanks. Does anyone have any pictures of a dais 9-10” armboard compared to a 12” one.
You could try Coda II.
He has quite a selection of dais arm boards

Don’t know why you don’t contact Penny at NAS and just order an arm board for DV507 Simples

During my time with Dais I ordered 8 different arm boards and they all were a perfect match

But good enough to make me wonder why your Dais look different to mine (and Rockhopper's)? Maybe it's the angle which shows a line from front to back on the R side.

Sorry Mike you've lost me there....?

You could try Coda II.
He has quite a selection of dais arm boards

Don’t know why you don’t contact Penny at NAS and just order an arm board for DV507 Simples

During my time with Dais I ordered 8 different arm boards and they all were a perfect match

8 different tonearms? That's a lot, which ones did you have and what was your preference?

The reason for asking the question is, because the dais i’m thinking of getting has two armboards. A 9” armboard that is fitted on the left and another that looks like it would suit the dv507 but i think it is for a 12” arm, hence the questions.

8 different tonearms? That's a lot, which ones did you have and what was your preference?[/QUOTE]

Ace space 9
Ace space 12
PU7 medium mass 12
PU7 high mass 12
NAS ace Anna 12
Moerch DP8
Graham PhantomII
SME 3012R

the medium mass PU7 stands out as only one ever built with threaded VTA adjustment
Ace Anna. Really under rated arm
The Moerch and Phantom arms really superb and easy to set up.
The SME is a classic. I was very lucky to get a special version

8 different tonearms?

They say that arms maketh the man, Russell. :). Guess all those went onto your Dais at some stage. You mention a heavy mass 12"PU7; how come? Mine's a chrome one but I couldn't find what mass it was (Johnnie was unsure as many are bespoke but thought, maybe 14/15g).

Sorry Mike you've lost me there....?

From your photo it looks like there's a split/separation just to the left of the Dais badge. Looks almost like it's a separate arm-board, as in other decks. A trick of photography, no doubt.

8 different tonearms? That's a lot, which ones did you have and what was your preference?

Ace space 9
Ace space 12
PU7 medium mass 12
PU7 high mass 12
NAS ace Anna 12
Moerch DP8
Graham PhantomII
SME 3012R

the medium mass PU7 stands out as only one ever built with threaded VTA adjustment
Ace Anna. Really under rated arm
The Moerch and Phantom arms really superb and easy to set up.
The SME is a classic. I was very lucky to get a special version[/QUOTE]

Very nice selection.

From your photo it looks like there's a split/separation just to the left of the Dais badge. Looks almost like it's a separate arm-board, as in other decks. A trick of photography, no doubt.

It's just the reflection of the underside of the tonearm

They say that arms maketh the man, Russell. :). Guess all those went onto your Dais at some stage. You mention a heavy mass 12"PU7; how come? Mine's a chrome one but I couldn't find what mass it was (Johnnie was unsure as many are bespoke but thought, maybe 14/15g)..

The high mass PU7 had a brass wand. Not sure of the exact mass but was perfect for a GE VR11 mono cartridge.
Worked well with 50’s deep groove records.

Hi, i should be picking up the dais on thursday and i’m having a wooden armboard made. I’ve been asked to find out the size of the retaining washer that fits in the adjuster channel. Can anyone help?
Regards
Leo

Hi, i should be picking up the dais on thursday and i’m having a wooden armboard made. I’ve been asked to find out the size of the retaining washer that fits in the adjuster channel. Can anyone help?
Regards
Leo

I did see the start of your armboard;) if you can wait until tomorrow I'll get you the size of the washer.

Well i have bought the Dais and have had an armboard made by Magna Audio, i’m very happy with both. I used up the last of the oil i had from previous NA turntables, so need to get something else. Does anyone have any recommendations for types of oil to use? Just looking for alternatives before shelling out £35 for “genuine” NA oil.
Thanks

For that expense on a turntable and knowing how long the oil will last I would probably pay for the NA oil although there will be a past post no doubt on what it is and I seem to recall Tom will have used something readily available.

ust looking for alternatives before shelling out £35 for “genuine” NA oil.

I still have enough for another service, assuming I'm not past lifting that platter !!!) and it's been going 10+ years ! As you'll pay a fair bit for EP 90 or whatever and wonder what to do with the rest, £35 is a drop in the ocean for this specific use. Besides, I can't think that the Dais bearing needs new/replacement oil that often, depending on usage.

advertisement

Back