advertisement

Not bad BMXing…..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-tyne-60073895

I nearly did the same last Saturday morning when I slipped on ice walking down my drive.
Wow. I think I did something similar hitting a Toyota Starlet at a combined speed of around 40mph (police witness estimate). Sadly I didn't clear the car's windscreen or land anywhere near the bike's wheels so there were no records broken. Just a good number of bones.

Wow. I think I did something similar hitting a Toyota Starlet at a combined speed of around 40mph (police witness estimate). Sadly I didn't clear the car's windscreen or land anywhere near the bike's wheels so there were no records broken. Just a good number of bones.
Crikey Steve! I know you’ve talked about having an accident a few times on here, I knew you were badly hurt, I fully understand how now :(. Glad you’re here to tell the tale.

Saw that clip earlier and nearly posted. Very impressive but the text says it took 30 tries/crashes to get it done!
Where will it end....in hospital almost inevitably..!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-tyne-60073895

I nearly did the same last Saturday morning when I slipped on ice walking down my drive.

Saw that a few days ago via an old pro bmxer that I know.

We were talking about the worlds first ever inverted flair that was done by Matt Hoffman in Mansfield, Nottm. 1990
Mansfield leisure centre (gone now)

I was at the event covering it for Skate Action magazine, I am on the other side of the ramp flat bottom going mental.

Saw that a few days ago via an old pro bmxer that I know.

We were talking about the worlds first ever inverted flair that was done by Matt Hoffman in Mansfield, Nottm. 1990
Mansfield leisure centre (gone now)

I was at the event covering it for Skate Action magazine, I am on the other side of the ramp flat bottom going mental.

A brave man, nice footage, cheers.

Amazing stuff - not for the faint of heart. Nor those paying for private medical care.

I get that with enough practice people can do amazing things. The trick seem to be not to die or be severely injured during said practice.

Illustrates nicely how much things have moved on - 30 years progression.

I love to see Flairs, they can be done on really small quarter pipes and look insane.

I used to skateboard with Jamie Bestwick, who was and still is a God on a bike, he has moved on a bit since the Jacksdale days :)

Wow.
I saw the Gravity Games in Cleveland, 2003. I really wasn’t expecting it to grab me the way it did. Thankfully, I already knew it was all beyond me, so I stayed safe :)

Amazing stuff - not for the faint of heart. Nor those paying for private medical care.

I get that with enough practice people can do amazing things. The trick seem to be not to die or be severely injured during said practice.
Stephen Murray of Newcastle was at the Gravity Games I saw. A few years later he had a terrible crash while competing, paralysed below the shoulders.

advertisement

Back