advertisement

North West Audio Show 2024

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi, well it's that time again, the N/W audio show is this coming weekend, i will be going, on Sunday, here is a link,
Its free to get in ,,usually a great show,
It's here, De Vere Cranage Estate, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, post code, in the link,
apologies if this has been mentioned before, ish,

It looks like SUPATRAC tonearms will be in two rooms - AudioWorks (a Blackbird Farpoint) and Reference Fidelity Components (weather-permitting, a Nighthawk). I haven't been to this show before - I'm really looking forward to it and to meeting any of you who can make it.

Hi, well it's that time again, the N/W audio show is this coming weekend, i will be going, on Sunday, here is a link,
Its free to get in ,,usually a great show,
It's here, De Vere Cranage Estate, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, post code, in the link,
apologies if this has been mentioned before, ish,
Are they accepting tickets via the eventbrite app or do they need to be printed out as the website says electronic versions not accepted.

Hi, well done, P, i did not see that just printed a copy off, trouble is the QR code is not the best, so ive took a photo of it, just in case,

Hi, well done, P, i did not see that just printed a copy off, trouble is the QR code is not the best, so ive took a photo of it, just in case,
Something tells me they will accept them as they have done in previous years but better to be safe than sorry. Anyway it's free why do you need a ticket?

My guess to get an idea of attendees.

Always a great show, I'll be there on the Sunday, probably wearing my telltale TheFlash T-shirt for ease of identification for offers of coffee, friendly banter, verbal abuse, guest TV panelist slots and major recording contracts.
Don't forget coming-to-fetch-me-when-I'm-lost-and-don't-know-when-I'm-not-supposed-to-be-there.

Always a great show, I'll be there on the Sunday, probably wearing my telltale TheFlash T-shirt for ease of identification for offers of coffee, friendly banter, verbal abuse, guest TV panelist slots and major recording contracts.
We'll be there on Sunday also Nigel, if only to give you 'a bit of stick', and drink your 'offered' coffees.

I went this morning, it's only half an hour from me and a lovely drive.

As always, I'm underwhelmed by massive, over engineered gear and I'm always drawn to simple, small 2 way speakers. Notably, the Serhan Swift speakers (which every year I have been have been making the best sounds) and the little new Neat speakers sounded very good too.

The use of plinky plonky music doesn't really help in my opinion.

Shows aren't really my thing but I do really appreciate the effort everyone goes to and it's a really nice atmosphere there. Highly recommended for a morning out.

I've just returned after a delightful morning.

It was great to see/hear lots of brands in one place and to finally get to hear a few components that I'm interested in.

Sound quality was variable but given it's a hotel, this goes without saying. All the reps were attentive, polite and interested in the punters.

Highly of the show (to me) was Alchris Audio - Gorgeous sounding speakers at real-world prices.

I returned home to my humble setup and smiled as I realised that I don't actually NEED any new gear. However, I believe that I still want it!

Recommended- Pop along there tomorrow for a great day out (and it is free)

Last edited:

advertisement

Back