advertisement

No more Naim Audio Powerline for New Zealand

MrPinkEyes

Come on Pooh
Just been made aware that Naim Audio no longer supply powerlines to the New Zealand market!
I was lucky enough to pick one up a friend so im sorted, i was looking for a new one and ended up at a New Naim Auckland retailer who said they have been told by the importer to recommend Nordost instead. This was a bit of an eye opener for me as Naim audio in NZ run PDL Tapon plugs which has very good earthing characteristics. Looking at nordost cables i cant find any tapon plugs from the box and find it a bit troublesome the retailers would recommend them.
Would love to know what is going? Anybody have any enlightening information on this subject.
Cheers

My guess is they ran out and sales don’t warrant a production run.
Maybe, it seems they have pretty much cut us off over here, starting to feel like we have a bit of a low priority these days.
Blow me away the shop I rang in Auckland (not my city) just discounted the use of Naim Powerlines for Naim audio products, it was like they had absolutely no idea what a powerline even was! “The complete opposite of the previous retail regime.
Nordost better than a Powerline used on Naim audio? Anybody

Why not fit some uk wall sockets just for your record player?
Yes I have thought of that, thing is the tapons sound very very good even though they don’t have the decoupled design of the UK plugs. But yes that is a solution and it is legal to do so over here.

Maybe, it seems they have pretty much cut us off over here, starting to feel like we have a bit of a low priority these days.
Blow me away the shop I rang in Auckland (not my city) just discounted the use of Naim Powerlines for Naim audio products, it was like they had absolutely no idea what a powerline even was! “The complete opposite of the previous retail regime.
What a surprise. Just like Linn used to tell the UK that Krell didn't work with their gear, that only Naim had the magic. Except that in, iirc, South Africa, Naim wasn't available but Krell was, and Linn recommended them.
Then, as now, you were being lied to.
Nordost better than a Powerline used on Naim audio? Anybody
If you believe it to be, of course it is.

Used a selection of Russ Andrews (Kimber) then MCRU mains cables on my Naim kit before Naim cottoned on to making cables
They all worked well

So I use some aftermarket cables on my 135 mono blocks not sure of the brand but they are a blue colour really rubbery like sheath, seem to be a bit like jug cord as in they have a sort of material cloth surrounding the inner cables
BNC on them which seems to be some sort of generic print, I like them better than the 135 Oem cables, to me they are kinda between the Powerline and the OEM cable. I have a Powerline on the SC for the 52 to me better detail more punch in the bottom end etc, after hooking up my new Powerline to the
Armageddon goodness what an audio revelation, I can’t get over how a power cable can improve the LP 12 just buy its motor PS being powerlined! So in a nutshell to me the Powerline is worth every penny mated with a Naim box. Just my opinion if your aloud one here.

Just chop off the end of the $32K cable and fit a $15 tapon plug if you must.
He he, think ill put the end into the classifieds, I may end up with a nice second hand motor out of it.
But really in all seriousness the PDL Tapons Naim where using are very good, none fused for a start plus being able to piggy back from wall out, amps then 52 then Armageddon. Guess that set gives nice star earthing.

advertisement

Back