advertisement

Nikon Z6 111 on the way next week?

If they keep the price competitive should be a great bit of kit . I've tried out my mates Z6ii , nice little camera for most things just needs the focus updating which the mk3 should do . I was tempted to get one with a 24-200 as a smaller walk around camera to take on Holiday etc

Im hoping they adapt Sony's new 30odd mp sensor, improve the autofocus and add a fully moveable rear screen. A better EVF refresh rate and an added 100+ shots from the battery. Then pack it up with the 24-70 f4 for under 3G's and I'm in :)

Last edited:
If they keep the price competitive should be a great bit of kit . I've tried out my mates Z6ii , nice little camera for most things just needs the focus updating which the mk3 should do . I was tempted to get one with a 24-200 as a smaller walk around camera to take on Holiday etc

Some rumors have had it coming in at the price of the old Z7ii, $2999.95 US, a cool thousand more than the Zf, which I think is too much for a 24mp camera.

The Z6 and Z7 were announced at the same time, as were the Z6ii and Z7ii. So I wonder why they're separating them now?

$2496.95 in the US, for the body, that seems a lot more fair than the rumored $2995.

I think the 'semi' stacked sensor does a whole lot for it's ability. speed and autofocus/pre focus.
I regret it's low battery count but see they partly get round that by selling a pro battery pack (adding a lot more weight) hmmmmm.
Looks like it's going to be in the low 3's with a packaged 24-70 f4?

Some rumors have had it coming in at the price of the old Z7ii, $2999.95 US, a cool thousand more than the Zf, which I think is too much for a 24mp camera.

The Z6 and Z7 were announced at the same time, as were the Z6ii and Z7ii. So I wonder why they're separating them now?
Well looks like more than a minor refresh , I may still get one or even a Z6ii cheap . I use an A1 with bigger lenses for action and wildlife , I mainly wanted a more compact lightweight camera to replace my D850 used for travel etc . I should check out the Zf too

Agreed
I think Nikon are 'realighning' where they are headed.
Z9...totyal sense.
Z8? New D 850...perfect
Z6111 new D750...so what is the Z7?
erm?

Reactions: ron
I think the 'semi' stacked sensor does a whole lot for it's ability. speed and autofocus/pre focus.
I regret it's low battery count but see they partly get round that by selling a pro battery pack (adding a lot more weight) hmmmmm.
Looks like it's going to be in the low 3's with a packaged 24-70 f4?
My A1 is stacked sensor etc and uses those small Sony batteries , I use the EVF set to the highest refresh rate for action and usually sat using it quite a lot at fast FPS stabilisation on for steady viewing etc . I normally get through 1-2 batteries in a day say 7 hours heavy use , the odd time up to 3 batteries . I find Bluetooth and Wifi drains the battery the most so I set it to Aeroplane mode , still don't get anywhere near what I get with my D850 which would last weeks .My mate uses a Z8 without a grip mainly for wildlife and he's quite happy coming from a DSLR , hopefully someone will do tests regards Z6iii battery usage

What’s a stacked sensor?
Think of it like a slab of memory under the sensor, teh data can be read off the sensor into this memory really fast, and then closcked off in the usual way. This allows high framerate acquisition and EVF displays with no blackout (ie doesn't go dark when you take an image)

We are only at the beginning of stacked sensor development, we may get 'taller' stacks in teh future where other processing can be done within layers of the stack (ie near instant HDR type imaging - thus potentially improving dynamic range) - the big 'issue' to overcome is power requirements and heat build up (espcially needs to be controlled so as not to cause sensitivity issues with teh sensor!)

Price and spec of Z6iii and Z8 its hard to see where a Z7iii would fit

There's a $1500 difference between the $2495 Z6iii and the $3995 Z8. Seems to me there's still room for a Z7iii, even if it's just a Z6iii with a 45mp sensor. It'd be nice to have the Zf/Z6iii manual focus aids on a higher-rez camera. And won't Nikon need a camera that competes directly with the Canon R5?

(...although there's also a $1500 gap between the Z8 and Z9...) (...only $500 difference between Zf and Z6iii...)

advertisement

Back