advertisement

Nikon 70-200 F4 VR

Gromit

Plasticine Dog
I've used this glorious lens no more than 2 or 3 times since buying it brand new a couple of months ago - needless to say it hardly looks like it's been out of the box (the soft bag is still in its wrapper too). It's had a filter fitted since leaving the shop and will of course leave this in place.

Reason for selling? I just cannot see me using it and find the Nikkor 85 1.8D gives virtually all the reach I need.

The 70-200 f4 has Nikon's latest VR III system and it works incredibly well. Optically, the design is nigh on flawless.

This one includes all original packaging, naturally, and was bought from LCE Lincoln (High St branch) only a matter of a few weeks ago.

Price: withdrawn from sale

This is a stunning lens. I absolutely love mine - a smarter buy than the big and heavy 70-200 f2.8 IMO.

The buyer will be very happy :)

Lefty

Thanks for the positive comments chaps - it's appreciated. Such a shame I really don't have use for this lovely bit of Nikon's finest, believe me if I did it would have to be dragged from my cold, dead hands. The latest VR system (this is the 3rd generation) Nikon have designed is particularly good.

For my useage, I find the 85-1.8 gives me most of what's needed, making the 70-200 largely redundant. It would be a crying shame to have this gorgeous lens sat in the bag doing so little.

Ever tried the Tamron 90mm? I have the 85mm 1.8 as well. Had both for a few years (although the camera in general isn't getting a lot of use) and have always liked the colours and bokeh on the Tamron. Nothing like as nice build quality though, and the Tamron is bulkier and a tiny bit long for me at 90.

Back on topic, I'd take this if I was just a little less skint :)

Ever tried the Tamron 90mm?

I haven't but do hear very good things about it - in fact it was on the list when looking for a macro. Ended up with the Sigma 50-2.8 instead which doubles up for close-up and the Nifty-Fifty duties.

The 70-200 is now withdrawn from sale and will be moving the 85-1.8D on instead.

advertisement

Back