advertisement

Nick Cave in Nottingham

graystoke4

pfm Member
Hi went to see nick cave and the bad seeds, in Nottingham, ice arena, last night what a show it's the first time i have seen him live, and the whole show was VERY intense, with a wall of sound coming right at you, he was on top form,climbing into the crowd, it puts the bouncers on their toes, the sound was first rate, and at the end on the encore he invited about a hundred of the crazy's from the crowd on stage it was madness, what a night, will be looking at the back catalog later for a few more disc's, well worth the £45 ticket price, if he is coming to a town near you my advice is get a ticket, you will not be disappointed,,great gig ,:D

Ahhh bugger. 10 minutes from me.

I'm crap at keeping track of who is playing where and when until after the fact. Oh wel...

Saw Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in Manchester. Without doubt one of the best performances I have ever seen. I have been going to live music since 1976. My first gig was The Who at The Valley. I have seen them 21 times and for me they are the benchmark. Nick Cave was right up there. Magnificent.

Saw him here in Sydney back in January.

He is one of my favourite artists and the gig was stunning.

Very intense, deeply sad in places yet quite inspiring.

Skeleton Tree is not an easy listen but it is a work of genius.

Saw him at the Sage in Gateshead a year or so ago and he was amazing, as mentioned intense and relentless but so good. The lead singer from a local punk band (I think it was a punk band) was in the crowd and managed to get on the stage with Nick, thinks it on YouTube

I've missed this tour but would definitely love to see him again at some point.

Can't believe I missed this tour. Having seen him many times I thought the arenas would be too impersonal to get Nick at his best - I should have known better.
He has been at the top of his game for a long time, good on him.

Re: the Stones - I remember a concert at Wembley Stadium (summer 1990 I think),
not sure anymore which song it was, maybe Can't Always Get What You Want.
Mick has the whole crowd singing along towards the end and then conducts a fade so that by the end the 80,000 faithful are singing as one big whisper.
Spine tingling doesn't begin to describe the moment - truly magical.

DOb_Sjd_AW0_AAKq9_T.jpg

https://twitter.com/OLCLondon/status/929661888396513280

advertisement

Back