advertisement

New washing machine- anyone bought a satisfactory one recently?

Yup. Our Neff was more or less the same as this Bosch when I took it bits today. The Neff has better soundproofing and the top weight is not removable but the basic workings were exactly the same as this video. Guy just saved us scrapping a decent machine for an hour or two of making it up as you go along.... I'm totally knackered. Built in dishwashers are bloody heavy things .

Miele. We had one for 12 years or so and gave it away when it developed an electrical fault as (at the time) we had some money and the new owners did not. They managed to get it serviced and repaired for £80. The service guy said the mechanicals were barely worn. This was interesting as we'd done washing for a family of 6 with the absurd number of cycles that entails for all those years.

This was around 10 years ago and at the time we went and bought a new one. Both machines still going strong with minimal (if any) servicing.

We have a Bosch in our main house and that's got to be maybe at least 10 years old and still working well and I don't recall any issues at all with it so during that time. Prior to that we had a cheap Hotpoint and that lasted something like 15 years, although was fixed a few times in that period. Our cottage has one of the Samsung ones that plays a happy tune when it finishes - not sure how old that is (it came with the cottage but I know it pre-dates the owner we bought it from which makes it at least 5 years old I think) but it also seems good.

I'd generally go with Bosch these days for washing machines and the like but I've always been happy with the Samsung stuff we've had so would consider them as well.

advertisement

Back