advertisement

New Style Royal Mail?

The crazy thing about the RM privatisation was that the Tory government were against it, as were RM managers and the unions. The Post Office Board approved of it.

Sign that 'directors' can cream off big money by loading down what they control. Postal version of what we got from flogging off water 'companies' etc. Works for directors, big investors, etc who extract the wealth and cripple the ability to function.

Good morning all,

My take on RM is that they seem to provide a pretty good service overall. We live an 11 mile round trip from the PO so this would cost about £4.73 to get there (the Skoda costs 43p per mile overall).

We use click and drop which seems to work very well for simple small items to larger ones e.g. the two transformer I returned to ETC.

Regards

Richard

We use click and drop
Presumably using their collection from your doorstep service.

I like that.

Especially when you pay the bill for the collection.
£0.00
That's the sort of bill I don't mind. Very convenient service too.

Sign that 'directors' can cream off big money by loading down what they control. Postal version of what we got from flogging off water 'companies' etc. Works for directors, big investors, etc who extract the wealth and cripple the ability to function.
You got to learn not to make sweeping statement. The old style Board Members were public servants. They did not benefit from the actual privatisation. The Directors who replaced them were the ones who made the money.

Those who bought the shares were really plain stupid, the shares were destined to lower in price over time and they messed up the business just by screwing out dividends and even that wasn't much. It was shareholders desperate for dividends who messed up the service.

I know Thatcher isn't popular here but her stance on Royal Mail privatisation was spot on, it was a privatisation too far because you could not name a single benefit that has out of it.

Presumably using their collection from your doorstep service.
Yes.

Very handy as it includes weights up to 20kg which would cover most items I would expect to ship.

There have been occasional hiccoughs though - this is down to the non-regular postie not paying attention to their handheld devices which indicate pick-ups

Regards

Richard

You got to learn not to make sweeping statement. The old style Board Members were public servants. They did not benefit from the actual privatisation. The Directors who replaced them were the ones who made the money.

Those who bought the shares were really plain stupid, the shares were destined to lower in price over time and they messed up the business just by screwing out dividends and even that wasn't much. It was shareholders desperate for dividends who messed up the service.

I know Thatcher isn't popular here but her stance on Royal Mail privatisation was spot on, it was a privatisation too far because you could not name a single benefit that has out of it.

Erm... I didn't say which 'directors'. And the outcomes show it was a daft (for the UK public) 'privatisation', but has enabled those at the top to do nicely by changing how it 'serves' the public. The idea that it has made sense seems crazy to me given where we are now.

I had another collection today. Asked the postman about how I had a Sunday delivery. His answer was they now deliver seven days a week. He said they get less letters now and many more parcels.

its a bit crazy here with traffic and the end of Ramadan so folks are rushing about one postal delivery worker they just tried to pull him out of his van to beat him up today . its so sad when this happens especially at this time . fortunately they didnt succeed . incidents like this mean they dont want to do the job

very very sad really , the guy could have been killed . its been reported to police but they just should not have to face this aggression and anger all the time . yes they have to park in crazy places as there is no where to park but no need to try and bash them up . its a sad world we live in

I started this thread about high speed Royal Mail over the Easter period.
Now have experienced the other side of the coin.
Johnnie ex. Audio Origami sent me a small Jiffy bag first class on 3rd April
It finally arrived this morning, 22 days is not good but at least it finally arrived.
Incidentally Johnnie is now trading under the J7 rewires name working on service and rewires on quality arms.

There is no excuse for Royal Mail losing things but-

If you want to reduce the risk of losing stuff don't put it in a small jiffy bag.

A large letter is usually the same price or a small packet, 45 x 35 x 16 mm, is much less likely to get lost in a mail sack full of parcels.

I keep telling the misses that but she insists on putting important items into small envelopes.

Not your fault, I know. It's the sender should be aware.

Interesting experience with RM today. Sent small packet tracked 24. They offered to collect free of charge, very nice. Decided to take it to the post office to save time. Just been charged an extra 20 pence for taking it to them!

Interesting experience with RM today. Sent small packet tracked 24. They offered to collect free of charge, very nice. Decided to take it to the post office to save time. Just been charged an extra 20 pence for taking it to them!

we did similar yesterday with a small package - paid postage online though. No extra charges for dripping off...

advertisement

Back