advertisement

New Stack Audio PSU

rn82497

pfm Member
I've been using at the Stack Audio Link for a while. The complete system being Mac Server > Roon > Stack Audio Link > Rega Isis (USB) > Rega Osiris > Shahinian

Whilst not equaling the Isis in CD mode - the Stack Audio Link was rather good for the price! The new PSU really ups its game! It's so close to the Isis playing CD's that I'm sure I could tell the difference in a blind test! Great praise! Also to Rega for including a cracking USB input in a product now 10 years old!

Theo at Stack Audio is clearly a perfectionist!

Also looks like I can upgrade a board in my Stack Audio Link I > Link II for a very reasonable sum.
Gets better and better :)

What PSU are you talking about? I don't see one on their site. Or do you mean the one included with the Link II?

I'm guessing (don't know) it should be up on the site soon.
It can power both Link I & Link II variants. Surprisingly well built / sold product - especially for the price.

Power supply upgrades have always been a good earner - as Naim discovered. And they may well improve products built to a limited price - (so I don’t get slagged off).

Nothing "wrong" with the original supply - just like there is nothing "wrong" with a Rega Planar 3 - they are built to a price point.

I've been using at the Stack Audio Link for a while. The complete system being Mac Server > Roon > Stack Audio Link > Rega Isis (USB) > Rega Osiris > Shahinian

Whilst not equaling the Isis in CD mode - the Stack Audio Link was rather good for the price! The new PSU really ups its game! It's so close to the Isis playing CD's that I'm sure I could tell the difference in a blind test! Great praise! Also to Rega for including a cracking USB input in a product now 10 years old!

Theo at Stack Audio is clearly a perfectionist!

Yes we know the Link is superb, some of us on here funded the development of it!

Good morning all,

I can confirm that Stack Audio has recently launched a linear power supply, which will shortly be added to the website. It was placed on here some time ago but we decided to remove this in order to make further visual and internal improvements.

The LINK and LINK II itself has extensive power filtering already built in. The linear PSU is a system wide upgrade, as the low noise nature of the supply will also help keep switching supply distortion out of the rest of your system.

All the best.

SA

advertisement

Back