advertisement

New speakers - Advice & suggestions welcome :-)

BlueYeti

pfm Member
Hi all. I intend to replace my trusted Rega Kytes in my home office set up, as they are to be commandeered for rear speaker duties in my first AV experiment (along with my trusty Ela's).

So what would you folks recommend? I'm happy to buy new or used and ideally I don't want to spend more than £300. First thoughts are a used set of Rega Ara's or RS1's if I can find any within budget. The caveat must be they should be easily driven by a Naim Nait 2. Thoughts welcome :)

Sources: Macbook / Beresfod DAC and Denon FM Tuner. Amplification: Chrome Bumper Nait 2. Cable: NAC A4.

Hi all. I intend to replace my trusted Rega Kytes in my home office set up, as they are to be commandeered for rear speaker duties in my first AV experiment (along with my trusty Ela's).

So what would you folks recommend? I'm happy to buy new or used and ideally I don't want to spend more than £300. First thoughts are a used set of Rega Ara's or RS1's if I can find any within budget. The caveat must be they should be easily driven by a Naim Nait 2. Thoughts welcome :)

Sources: Macbook / Beresfod DAC and Denon FM Tuner. Amplification: Chrome Bumper Nait 2. Cable: NAC A4.

I am no AV fan so you may consider trying this before getting another pair at all, that said you can't fail some Kan's or Royd 7 L, a contender to your allready fine Ela, sure your source is the weak link anyway. A friend is using Dali's new Zensor 1 in a budget setup, they are not the last word but a nice compromise, will need to be slightly out from wall and will provide a fuller presentation than Kytes, their price might be a culprit, a bargain and worth double at least.

Thanks for the input - appreciated. ;)

PerF: I'll take a look at the Dali Zensor 1.

Little active speakers? Could you guys please clarify with brands and models etc and their benefit?

For ref. The Regs speakers will be used with Yamaha AV amp. The Nait 2 will be the amp used to power the new speakers.

Any more thoughts and suggestion please ? :)

Try The new Adam Audio F5's (active)

Three hundred the pair from Thomann.

If they are anything like the rest, a mega bargain.

Driven by a mac, I think you'll find it one of the best music buys you ever made.

PS Bugger...just read your thread properly. Flog the Nait and get a s/h 102 and the Adams.

There, that's better.

Thanks for the help folks - appreciated. ;)

Muzak - thanks for the suggestion. I never considered Kans I have to admit, but thought they needed a much bigger amp than the diddy Nait, where something like a 250 was the minimum requirement to make them sing.

Arthur - I'll check the Adam Audio brand out online. Have to admit I'm quite attached to the Nait so my be hard to let it go ! Can you please expand a little on how a NAC102 will work with active speakers?

Daytona600: Will check out the Usher's.

save up for a bit and get some neat elites, they sound amazing with naim and I got mine for £430.

+1 for the kans, have got some with my unitiqute and they're really good. Don't get any newer than mk2s though as they went downhill.

Other options are the kef q100/300 or the b&w 685.

advertisement

Back