advertisement

New speakercables for Graham audio LS5/9

Magnuska

pfm Member
Hello there, I m not writing here alot but I have a question. Have ordered the Graham speakers but
not received them yet.

I already have what I think good cables in Audiosensibility signature speakercables, but they are a bit short only 2x2meters and thick as snake
so my family think they are horrible. But anyway, for black , good sounding cables I have looked at:

Custom hifi cables orange Type B cable. ( these are Dr Sean Jacobs own speakercables) am mostly familiar with his powersupplies

EWA starting poing or LS-25 ( have tried TQ black years ago)

Witch hat audio Phantom

What do you think?

Magnus

My local Hifi dealer, Movement Audio, always swore by VDH's CS122. They used this for all systems, some very costly ones, some not so much. The manager, also an avid musician and live performer, used it privately for his LS35A's. They had other, well known cable brands on their portfolio, including costlier ones.

I had them myself with several systems.

Neutral, well made and cheap.

My local Hifi dealer, Movement Audio, always swore by VDH's CS122. They used this for all systems, some very costly ones, some not so much. The manager, also an avid musician and live performer, used it privately for his LS35A's. They had other, well known cable brands on their portfolio, including costlier ones.

I had them myself with several systems.

Neutral, well made and cheap.
Thank you!
Yes I have seen VDH been mentioned often.

Ohh, after using some thick expensive cables, I am now just using white BlueJeans, can not hear the difference, my pre is a Supratek Cabernet and the power amp Belles SA30.

You have something to look forward too, am listening to Ahmad Jamal on my Graham Audio LS 5/9 while writing this, love these speakers, best buy I have ever done.
Thank you, yes I look forward to mine LS5/9f. I forgot the little f as in floorstander version.

I assume you use a Gryphon amp with them?:)

Lol no, not a Gryphon, although I was thinking about that many years ago, the new stuff they have is a bit out of my league. I am very happy with the sound I have, maybe a Lab 12 dac is in the cards, but I think I will wait until the new year.

Hello there, I m not writing here alot but I have a question. Have ordered the Graham speakers but
not received them yet.

I already have what I think good cables in Audiosensibility signature speakercables, but they are a bit short only 2x2meters and thick as snake
so my family think they are horrible. But anyway, for black , good sounding cables I have looked at:

Custom hifi cables orange Type B cable. ( these are Dr Sean Jacobs own speakercables) am mostly familiar with his powersupplies

EWA starting poing or LS-25 ( have tried TQ black years ago)

Witch hat audio Phantom

What do you think?

Magnus

I has tried TQ Silver II and later Ultra Black II. Loved Silver but wanted more bass, UB II improves in every aspect. Later on I had tried WireWorld Elipse 7, XLO Reference 3, Nordost Heimdall, and finally I stick on EWA LS-25 till now. To me it at least wins over UB II at a lower price.

I has tried TQ Silver II and later Ultra Black II. Loved Silver but wanted more bass, UB II improves in every aspect. Later on I had tried WireWorld Elipse 7, XLO Reference 3, Nordost Heimdall, and finally I stick on EWA LS-25 till now. To me it at least wins over UB II at a lower price.
Thank you! Yes it seems that EWA cables are good. My speakers are now running in with my Audiosensibility cables. Maybe I don`t need any longer cables for now.
The LS5/9f s are beginning to sound VERY nice.

I have tried various cables with my Stirling V3s, from named to generic ones.
I am used twisted copper ones, unnamed, as I cannot hear any difference.
I accept others hear differences.
Different, but better?

Thank you! Yes it seems that EWA cables are good. My speakers are now running in with my Audiosensibility cables. Maybe I don`t need any longer cables for now.
The LS5/9f s are beginning to sound VERY nice.

Nice to know that you have found the right speaker cables. Another cable good to try is Zu Libtec, they used to sell on ebay for very low price, not sure if they still do it. Cheers

advertisement

Back