advertisement

New Quad QSP / QMP Pwr amps

...amplifier that is better than the Quad QSP, without the annoying turn on & off thumps never cured as far as I am aware.

Have you spoken the IAG service in Huntingdon about this? I cannot believe that they could allow this to persist.

Anyway, for a first class power amp - of which you could buy two for the price of a Quad - look here! They are stable into a 2Ω load so it's probably reasonable to say that they will drive anything you are likely to throw at them.

Where do the Quad Elite Monos fit into all this? Are they the mono version of the QSP? I get a bit confused by recent models. It's the monos that Kessler reviewed in HFN in Jan 2011 and implied they were part of the replacement for the 99 series.

- Richard.

Will the Quad Platinum amplifier be any better than the QSP twice the price for similar output but more distortion ? interested to see a HFN & RR review

Will the Quad Platinum amplifier be any better than the QSP twice the price for similar output but more distortion ? interested to see a HFN & RR review

Acton Gate Audio Quad Dealers say that any amplifier that has additional circuits to avoid turn on/off thumps through speakers when switched directly from wall socket, sound will be effected ? What say you JOHN W

Can anyone tell any sound quality difference between Quad QSP £1200, NAD C275BEE £895, Quad Platinum £2500 all approx 140 wpc all Made in China

advertisement

Back