advertisement

New Naim Audio product. Uniti Nova Power Edition

I never called anyone a sheep.I just commented in the context of other Naim tie ins and couldn't care less. They are a company and have to make a profit like all companies.
I have no beef with Naim as a company at all.In fact I have had a 32 -250 years ago

I never called anyone a sheep.I just commented in the context of other Naim tie ins and couldn't care less. They are a company and have to make a profit like all companies.
I have no beef with Naim as a company at all.In fact I have had a 32 -250 years ago
Wasn’t aimed at you, just the tiresome few who keep using the term.

Tie ins are just decent marketing, lots do it, B&W, Harmon-Kardon etc.

This new product could be great, who knows?

Naim are all about design, marketing and cult following. Reminds me of Mac computers.
I must admit falling for that streamlined minimalist look myself. What cured me is the crazy prices they're asking for the new stuff, here in Canada at least.

Wasn’t aimed at you, just the tiresome few who keep using the term.

Tie ins are just decent marketing, lots do it, B&W, Harmon-Kardon etc.

This new product could be great, who knows?
Yeah I know agree with what you say.

A couple of weeks ago I visited a mate who has just got the bottom of the range Naim Streamer ND5 XS2 streaming off Roon.
The amp was a Rega Aethos and speakers where some Focal 1028 BE .
The Naim Streamer had the Naim sound as I remember it when I had my 32 - 250 years ago.
Notes where really stopping and starting the timing was very impressive.
I went with another mate and we all said the emotional connection with the music was something else....like this hidden ingredient if you like
Yes it wasn't hyper detailed but on some tracks we were all tapping along to the rhythm.
I was really pleasantly surprised getting reacquainted with Naim again that night
And totally get why people enjoy the Naim sound so much

Yeah I know agree with what you say.

A couple of weeks ago I visited a mate who has just got the bottom of the range Naim Streamer ND5 XS2 streaming off Roon.
The amp was a Rega Aethos and speakers where some Focal 1028 BE .
The Naim Streamer had the Naim sound as I remember it whenI had my 32 - 250 years ago.
Notes where really stopping and starting the timing was very impressive.
I went with another mate and we all said the emotional connection with the music was something else....like this hidden ingredient if you like
Yes it wasn't hyper detailed but on some tracks we were all tapping along to the rhythm.
I was really pleasantly surprised getting reacquainted with Naim again that night
And totally get why people enjoy the Naim sound so much
I enjoyed it for 15 years, I now enjoy what I have & the two are not mutually exclusive.

I do find the Rega love in a bit nauseating, two sides of the same coin.

Calling people sheep is plain daft.
Thats a perfect valid term, its been going on since the early days of before the internet.
Feeling insulted by such term is plain childish and have nothing to do with people like or enjoy their Naim kit.

Thats a perfect valid term, its been going on since the early days of before the internet.
Feeling insulted by such term is plain childish and have nothing to do with people like or enjoy their Naim kit.
“Valid”? For what exactly?
I dunno, Naim seem to do pretty well, don't they? What a p*sser!

That long ago?

.sjb
SJB

I left in 1990 for Bryston and didn't hear any Naim except at shows.Statement and big Focals....so 33 years away
It was good but TBH I enjoyed my mates ND5 XS2 a couple of weeks ago a lot more.
It was probably that show environment.having said that the Naim people hosting were a lovely bunch.
I still hanker for a 12 preamp and 02 tuner and a 110 or 140 poweramp.

How is your 2nd set of speaker search going ?

You are making no sense. People like different things, doesn’t make them sheep or otherwise.

New Naim product :cool:

Teaser on their FB page. More power. Coming soon :)

417451759_764517422370286_235403518751407634_n.jpg
Thanks for posting, the usual suspects were getting withdrawal from having nothing new from Naim to criticise despite the fact they'll never listen to it or ever be in the target market. Still, you can't knock other people's hobbies... even though they do of course!

Naim are all about design, marketing and cult following. Reminds me of Mac computers.
Except Mac computers actually work better than all that Windows crap and have a lower total cost of ownership so take your 'all about design, marketing and cult following' and shove it up your ill-informed arse!

And yet the Naim website is a disaster area. It's quite hard to figure out what the line-up is, some pages are mostly (but not entirely) products that are marked as "discontinued", the pages don't have uniform navigation along the top and vary in style a bit, it's fairly hard to know which power supply is an upgrade to what, and I swear they could cull 30% of the line-up (my vote - that turntable, 500-series, Bentley-editions etc). The tomtom page on the New Classic line-up makes more sense than Naim's. It's all got mentally expensive too. Nait / Nait XS / Supernait I can just about understand, though I would imagine the Supernait will get an upgrade one day to match the new-style case. Who knows though. What's the entry pre-power?

advertisement

Back