advertisement

New Mark Knopfler album coming soon

Mine arrived today. Opted for the CD plus bonus CD Enjoying it but it's not wow amazing. What's anyone view?

I love the guy and almost everything he has done .
I've played it 5 times now and struggling to differentiate tracks from memory .
From a hifi point of view his music was well recorded and and allowed the qualities to flow , I don't get that from the last few releases .
Another play this morning when I'm more relaxed ,yes it's pleasant .nice depth and layering on some tracks

Last edited:
As an aside I used to listen to Robert Elms daily on Radio London until they moved him to the weekends. I'm still on the Facebook Group for the show and there were a number of comments on Saturday after Mark Knopfler appeared on the show, saying that he appeared to be suffering from early stages of demetia and made hard work of the interview. I assumed he played in the studio too, it will be on BBC Sounds if anyone's interested, Saturday between 10.00 and 13.00, Radio London.

Cheers BB

The first few tracks are excellent and a little heavier, before the album fades into the acoustic stuff he has been doing for a long time now. It is worth owning.

Disappointed tbh. Competent enough, but instantly forgettable. Same old, same old. 😐
Summarises his entire solo output for me. I do like the fact that on the album promo materials he sits there dressed like a plumber awaiting the home delivery of his Greggs lunch. Nicely captures the routine workaday nature of his oeuvre.

advertisement

Back